in America how early do u see a doc wen u find out ur pregnant?

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant and I rang my doctors today and no one will see me till I am 8 weeks. Its sucks

Comments

• My doctor won't see anybody until 7 weeks..
  • My first doc wouldnt till I was twelve weeks so I got a, new doc and saw him at eightish
  • After 8 for my doc too.
  • I saw my doc at 5 weeks
  • On my first I was seein my doc already
  • I saw my dr at 5w6d. But he always wants to see his patients as early as possible to start prenatal care.:)
  • Same w me. I have to wait until I'm 8 wks. Luckily that's this Friday. Finally! But I did have an emergency appt last week bc there were some complications. But that Dr left me and my bf more confused about our baby then before we went in. I'm glad to be seeing my actual Dr in a few days
  • Well the receptionist on the fone never said anythin to me about folic acid or nothin its a good job I bought and started takin it about 2 weeks ago
  • Yeah. 8wks is about the same time I saw the dr...as for prenatals I went and bought some until the dr gave me an rx :)
  • As soon as I found out I was pregnant I strtd my prenatal visits...n I found out wen I was like 3wkz n didn't schedule an appt till I was like 5. I'm 4rm ny.
  • Alot of people on here who seem to be from America are havin ultrasound at 7 weeks.
  • They didn't give me an ultrasound until I was about 12 or 13 weeks
  • I am going for my ultrasound tomorrow and I'm eight weeks but I saw my dr. For the first time at five weeks
  • Yeah12 weeks is the normal time to have ultrasound in UK it jus sucks knowing that in other places they are havin them so soon lol. I suppose its cos we dont pay for health care
  • 8 wks..my friend at wrk was that day but she maybe a high risk since she has lupis
  • Yeah some may have them earlier and more often if they are higher risk
  • I called my dr about 4 days after I found out & they scheduled me a week later. I'm about 9&1/2 or 10 wks.
    with my first I had an ultrasound at 6 wks, but that's only bc I went to the emergency room after I took a hpt to comfirm I really was pregnant.
    I didn't get another til I was 20 wks or so.
    this time I think I will get an ultrasound sooner bc of some complications with my previous. hopefully all goes well though!
  • I had to wait till 8 weeks but when i called she sched. me for 3 app. a prenantel at 8 weeks ultra-sound at 9 and a pap at 12 now i go the regular once a month
  • im high risk..so i get ultrasound every three months then at 32 weeks i get twice a week...
  • My doctor only gives 1 ultrasound unless it's medically necessary to have more. I needed an internal at 5 wks or so with my second bc I was bleeding, but I got that done at the ER. My first appt is supposed to be Wednesday, but we're supposed to have nearly an inch of ice so I probably can't go. I'm really bummed.
  • My doctor saw me as soon as I found out. Around five weeks along. So we could start prenatal care as soon as possible. My First ultrasound is in a couple weeks. I will be 7 in a half weeks along. Cant wait to see that heart beat.
  • 8 weeks with my doc .. ( 8 weeks from missed period )
  • 4 weeks witn my reg doc and 8 weeks with my ob but I was really,only 4 weeks from wjat the ultra sound showed,,,
  • Ur doctor should see you ass soon as u know within a few day
  • I am seeing my doc next week for 1st visit ... i will be 6 weeks... but last pregnancy ended in m/c... so they are watching me.
  • My doc got me in right away, and did an ultrasound at8wks and one at 13wks this friday then ill have one at 18 weeks and another at 32 wks
  • We only have scans here at 12 and 18 weeks unless there is problems