I ate "lunch meat" :-(

2»

Comments

• I asked my Dr and he said it was pretty rare, and I have a better chance of getting into a car accident than having a problem from listeria. I think while It's good to be educated if you avoided everything that COULD cause a problem you'd be living in a bubble.
  • I eat turkey sandwiches all the time, but i do cook the bologna if i eat it. But havent had bologna since my last pregnancy cuz it grossed me out
  • I really want a bologna salami jalapeno and miracle whip sub or monterey jack cheese and peppercorn turkey but I'm to scared to give in
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I really want a bologna salami jalapeno and miracle whip sub or monterey jack cheese and peppercorn turkey but I'm to scared to give in
  • my dr. told me meat that you buy ore packed at the store is fine .... she warned of deli meats at the store that they slice for you. thats what has the bad bacteria.
  • Here in the UK we're not told not to eat deli meat, just steer clear of certain cheeses.
    But I've noticed a lot of differences in the US and UK's approaches to pregnancy.
    It's fascinating and really interesting to read :-)
  • The thought of warm Turkey makes my stomach turn! Is it okay to heat it to steaming, then let it cool before eating it?
  • Great that helps alot! I've been avoiding lunch meat like the plague but I've been craving honey ham sandwiches and a big ol turkey sub!
  • So in my first trimester idk about the lunch meat thing I worked across from subway gues wat I ate 3-5 times a week never got sick I asked my dr last week cuz I hadn't ate it since reading the no lunch meat she told me as long as I wasn't eating it 7 days a week I could have it once in a while
  • Listeria can also cause birth defects :O the lunch meat in the store can stillve contain listeria. Best bet wld be to just nuke it for a few seconds in the microwave. I figure it'll cool quickly after u add the tomatoes and stuff. Also wash ur veggies really good @isaiahnjocelynsmommy fresh fruits and veggies can be contaminated too, right? And thanks for being so informative and helpful! @AandK1031 i've been craving honey ham sandwiches too (thus my run to honeybaked this afternoon) but they will heat it up. Yay! Im happy! Ooh sandwich time is ON! Whoo hoo! @Tishlamort u r right thing are different. I have a friend from germany who's doctor told her to drink champagne for nausea! Like my doctor would EVER tell me that! Lol