please help

2»

Comments

• Planned parenthood is only free when u sign up for their health plan. Ur bf can bring u to ur normal dr and because of hipo law ur dr can't tell ur mom what the visit was about. And that way the apt should only cost 10 if anything.
  • You can get pregnant at anytime no matter what. Even when a medical professional tells you its not possible there is still a chance. Everything is possible.
  • I pray that you choose Life. You are smart youngmomma for seeking advice.
  • Just an fyi. It's the HIPAA law and if your a minor your parents do have the right to know your medical records, unless you are an emancipated minor, though your parents have no control over your decisions about your pregnancy they do have control in regards to your health care. Just so you know.
  • Ima keep it.. and raise it the best I can
  • Good for you, that's a very hard decision. But its also the most wonderful amazing thing you will ever do. A lot of people will tell you your crazy but stick with your heart. I have two step son who's mom was 15 and 16 when she had them. She had some issues but they are amazing boys I can't imajon living without. And I have a friend who's mother was raped as a teenager, and she was told to abort it, but she didn't. And my friend is a happy mother with an amazing husband. She is talented and just released her first cd. So don't let people look down on you. Get help and stay strong. It will be very hard but nothing can replace your child..
  • @BellaProia - stop with the kill it an forget it talk! Good grief, shes young but that baby did nothing wrong.
  • edited January 2011
    Who said anything about killing it? Plan b prevents the pregnancy process, it stops action before the baby can even become a baby, that's why u only have up to 72 hr for it to work and ur not techniqually prego until 2 weeks after fertalization. Read up... andddd I never said abort it. I believe the next thing I said was adoption. Lastly, I would strongly advise her to give the baby to someone who has enough money to provide it a good home and pay adoption fees. Adoptions aren't cheap. A 14 yr old hasn't fully matured and should not have a baby. I applaud these young moms on here! I say that sincerly. But I don't think its in anyones best interest to keep a baby so young. Its not my life and I don't know this girl. But statistly speaking what I have read isn't in the childs best nature to stay. She might not even be prego. Who knows. No need to get all defesive for someone u don't even know who might not even be in a bad situation at all.
  • @elizabeth thank yo for the correction, HIPAA. But I think your worng Because when I was 16 I had a scare and my dr gave me a prego test n never told my mom. Also when u turn 18 ur dr is no longer even connected to your parents because u are then concidered an adult and ur parents are medically responcible for you until 21 if in a car accident or emergency but not to schedual physicals and such.
  • I'm prego, fiesty and have a ton of life expereince. I'm not evil. I can't make decisions for anyone. I only want the best for everyone. Its easy to twist text and turn it into something its not.
  • @ bella your doc does not have to tell your parents but if your parents inquire and you are not yet 18 or emancipated they can tell them ( the only reason I know this is because I work in the medical field and have had angry kids when they don't want their parents to know things). And just so you know they don't make medical decisions for you after 18 unless they are the next of kin ( aka youre not married or have someone in paper to make medical decisions for you and you can't make decisions for yourself) in that case they can make medical decisions if you are not able to forever. Your parents can keep you on their insurance past 18 but that does not give them any rights to you medical information once you are 18. This is only so younger girls know what their parents can get access to, and can make the decision if they want to see a doctor that may be better connected with their parents than say, a clinic or planned parenthood
  • I know what you're going through. I had my son when I was 15, I even was with my dad at the doctor when I was told. Every situation is unique and it is entirely up to you what you choose to do but you'll need support on whatever you decide. Sometimes it works out okay and doesn't stop you achieving what you want to. I finished school fine, done more education and i'm still with the same person. But you don't want to ever resent the child if things don't work out the way you hoped. You have choices, so it's best to get it out in the open and come to a decision that's right for you and not just because you're told to do it cos of your age. Good luck with whatever you decide. :-)
  • Ima keep it definately, my bf proposed at the office when we found out
  • don't mean to sound like a debby downer u could not have received a positive yet. It takes 14 days after fertilization to receive a positive and that's if you get knocked up during ovulation which is prime time.
  • I already got a positive test from my doc
  • @2youngmomma- I've read all the things that people have worte on here... I'm glad you want to keep... As for tell your parents you have to do that. No doc nurse can do that because of hippa... We will tell u it would be a good idea to let them know..... I'm a nurse for the military so I know.. Good luck with u and your baby.. Don't worry about what other people say or think...
  • I'm gona have to say ur lying. Its medically imposible to have a positive less then a week after sex. Sorry braaaa
  • Let's try to stay respectful and supportive.
  • A forum allows you put your thoughts in. I haven't been rude or negitive. Okay maybe calling her a liar wasn't my best choice in words but its still medically impossible. I haven't don't anything but give my oppinion which is something your allowed to do in forum. I thank people for corrections and commend those who deserve it. And I've done both of those things on this post. As I said before I'm not telling anyone what to do but I'm still entitled to my oppinion. And I sincerly havent been rude on any of these posts I'm just very blunt, sorry if you read with hostility but again, as I've said before its very easy to twist text.