tattooed mamas

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
My tattoos have faded like crazy since I got pregnant. Especially the black ones. Any one else had this happen? It sucks lol. I don't wanna have to get them redone, seems like such an unnecessary expense, but they're looking horrible.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have faded tattoos cause they're old. definitely needs some touch-up work. Never noticed if they faded while I was pregnant... hmmm...
  • This hasn't happened to me this is my third pregnancy and I got a lot of ink. I hope it doesn't happen. How far along are you where is your tat that is doing this I have mine going all the way around from belly to back when I get big it stretches and maybe messes with the color but goes right back after pregnancy
  • @debs ill be 20 weeks tomorrow. The one that fading the worst is the one across my shoulder blades. It caught my eye as I was getting in the shower this morning, and I noticed its fading BAD. I also have one on my chest thats starting to fade as well. It seems to only be the black ink tho..
  • Lol I have 4 tats all black n none of dem have faded :-)
  • Wow I haven't noticed any of mine fading yet! That sucks!!! My hubby is my tattoo artist. (That's how me met) its been hard having to stop wrking on some pieces now that were pregnant.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i have 4 tattoos 3 on my back and 1 on my foot mine are all black...but dont seem to fade cause i'm pregnant
  • Sad day lol. Guess my kiddo likes ink and is gonna steal it all away from me.
  • It probably doesn't help either that the ones that are fading are kitchen tats. And probably weren't done with the highest quality ink. But after 5+ years of them not fading I thought I was safe lol
  • @rockinmomma I have a huge floral black white n gray from my shoulder,arm and down my back...no fading that I can see. I hope it doesn't!!! That's a lot if work down the drain!
    @fatbarbie I had a lot I wanted to accomplish too! :( ah well!!
    @lmelanson red tends to fade on a lot of people. The dye doesn't do well in skin, a lot of ppl have reactions. I have one on my wrist with a magenta color and its been messed up since I got it only within that color. :(
  • I am in my 29 the week and mine hasn't faded, that I've noticed... I have 43 tattoos and they are still doing okay, so far. I lotion like crazy too...
  • I hope mine don't.fade I love them . And having them re done would be.awful
  • None of mine faded and the 1 on my hip didn't even stretch! Yay!!
  • None of my tattoos have really faded. Maybe it depends on the location?