sleep meds that are safe during pregnancy

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
What meds have youor someone you know been approved for to take during pregnancy?

Comments

• Tylenol pm
  • Tylenol PM is the only one my doct said i could take. Talk to your doctor.
  • As far as I know none however I could be wrong. Talk to your doctor.
  • Go to WebMD and look up sleep meds during pregnanc y and it should give you a list.
  • I take Unisom, dr approved. It's on B category for pregnancy.
  • Tylenol pm, my doctor also prescribed me tylenol with codeine to help me sleep with migraines etc.
  • Tylenol PM, Benadryl & Unisom are all the same medication (except Tylenol PM has Tylenol in it). All are safe. However, I am on Ambien; I thought it wasn't safe but my OB said it was fine. Ask your doctor if there are other options if the Tylenol PM, Benadryl or Unisom doesn't work for you. He did say NOT to take anything with Melatonin, it isn't safe. Good luck!!
  • I've used tylenol pm and benadryl...
  • I usually take tylenol pm or benadryl.
  • Both Dr and prego pharmacist say any are fine. I have taken target brand unisom and generic tylenol pm and equate sleep aid.
  • Sleep meds kinda make me wonder...but...I heard tylenol pm and benadryl are okay. I took benadryl one time when nothing else worked.

Have u tried other things yet? Like taking a warm bath or walking/light worko
  • Thanks ladies, i they wound upperscribing ambien, but I'm too scared to take it. Mysleep isseverly disturbed. It takes hours to fall asleepthen ican only sleep for four hours at a time no matter how tired I am. @heatherlynn i was walking at first but where i am its still snowing and raining and hailing on a regular basis, andi dont always have the time to make it to a place towalk and i do notwant topay for a membership anywhere,lol.. but i havent tried a warmbath either. ill try it, justeverytime i consider it, im just too lazy to go through the prep process of taking a bath. But I'm gonna get my act together soon. Imjust very stressed and tired these days.
  • Tylenol pm is the safest. I take one every night.
  • @snreda do you think you have developed a dependency?
  • Fyi, Tylenol pm and Benadryl have the same active ingredient to make you drowsy, diphenyhydramine or however your spell it :>
  • Thanks ^^^
  • Nope. When I'm already tired I dont take any. I usually have a headache from my kids by night anyways so it works out.