I feel like a heavy smoker...

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I've never smoked in my life, but back in elementary school they made you run a lap then breathe through a straw to get an idea of how smoking affects youre breathing, well I am only 15 weeks along, and I swear it feels like i've smoked for the past 50 years. I start cleaning, I get out of breathe, I walk from the car to walmart and it takes everything I have not to sit down to catch my breathe, i'm not over weight nor do I understand why I am like this. Is there anybody else that gets this way?

Comments

• I do! All the time! How many weeks are ya? I got it since 25 weeks! Its just got worse I'm 35 now!
  • Oh yeah. I did smoke cigarettes, but I quit 2 years ago and I smoked 5 cigarettes a day at my worst. I've been smoking weed for 4 years tho (not while I'm pregnant!). Sometimes I get pains in my bronchial tubes which really really sucks. I get out of breath all the time tho. I can't walk fast anymore either. :(
  • O jeez, i'm only 15 weeks, i'm thinking about asking for an inhaler lol how do you get anything done?
  • edited April 2011
    @kimberly4411. Hay I'd say no to the inhaler unless You have asthma. I have two inhalers and many of them speed up your heart rate which is why you have this in the first place. The shortness of breath is caused by the increased bloodflow in your body and enlargement of your heart that occurs during pregnancy. Also higher progesterone levels can do it too. I get it too and did some research.
  • Also paradoxically more gentle exercise like prenatal yoga and walking will help.
  • Why you're welcome @Kimberly4411. : )