wic is ending?!

Comments

• @inloveee what kind of helper?
  • @inloveee, I am confused by your comments, are you mocking the whole discussion our are u you serious?
  • @twinkiesmom, no problem lol! I think it's a worthy topic. @kristaf22, trust me, if the woman I know was doing ANYTHING for the benefit of her children, then yes her car & clothes would be inconsequential. But this woman does not use any of those benefits to feed her children. Her babies eat McDonald's everyday.
  • I knew someone who dropped wic when their baby was 6 months because it was to much hassle to go to the wic office once every 3 months so they put their baby on regular milk. So if there are mother's who are to lazy to get free help think about where these babies would be without wic.
  • Im answering the questions @jazzydD is asking me. And jazzy its strganoff helper, yum :)
  • @inloveee I'm glad you had a sense of humor and didn't get offended by anything said! If I did offend you in anyway... I didn't mean to! :) hope your food was delicious!
  • And I am sorry for saying wic should go away because I did not mean it. No kid should go hungry it is not their fault, shit happens.
  • @inloveee well that's just great now im craving some helper =P~
  • @TishJ330 me too, that's why it just annoyed me that someone said we shouldn't be allowed to discuss it. I just wish ppl could see that it's about the children, regardless of how they feel about the parents. My neighbor is just like the woman you're talking about too. My apt complex takes section 8 vouchers so her rent is literally almost nothing while my husband and I pay close to $1000. I understand your frustration girl.
  • @mom60511 thats just not right! Too lazy! Wow poor kid :(
  • @ellie3712 what makes you think that everyone on goverment assistance does.not work?? Im from NYC and for anyone to get any type of assistance here we have to have some type of income so some of your opinions on people on assisntance are wrong. I bust my ass working 40 hours a week and its just not enough to cover everything. The goverment assistance is the best thing that has happened to my family if not we would be stuck in a shelter. They day I dont need it anymore is the day I will stop using it. @blessed1 just because you where born with golden spoon in your mouth does not mean everyone else is. I feel sorry for you the day all your money runs out and you have to give up your kids for adoption to rich people because you cant afford them anymore. Hahahaha
  • @babyluv8 No, no offense taken at all :) :) Don't mind me n jazzy just like to linger around the heated discussions and try and light the mood a lil :) but I was being serious about my post lol but on the bright side of things I start my job next week and also got an interview for another on Monday :)
  • @Breezee I'm glad you said that, that was my point. I love kids and the thought of one going hungry makes me sick. I understand your annoyance at the system, sometimes I am as well, but at the end of the day its all about the kids O:)
  • @inloveee whoop whoop congrats on the job. I know I tried lightening they mood by saying wic should end and all prices should drop. In a happy story not to be taken literal lol.
  • @Mommy2BeAgain I asked her that and still haven't gotten an answer. A lot of the ppl who are angry that other ppl get assistance don't understand that they work too. And that other lady... ugh. She disgusted me with that dumb comment.
  • @inloveee, you guys are hilarious! I totally understand, it can get heated lol. Good luck with your job interview!
  • Assistance is very different in every state, I swear here in Utah, they hand u everything and you can abuse the shit out of it, and a lot of ppl here do.
  • @babyluv8 unfortunately things get way out of context a lot. People don't like facts or opinions around here, not all but some and then believe if you don't agree with them than you should just keep your mouth shut. So don't worry :)
  • @tishj330 thank you so much :) I am happy to finally be working again, not only to have a income but I get so damn bored and don't know what to do with myself half the time! ;)
  • I am unemployed (was actively searching before finding oit i was preggo after 9 years of being told i could not conceive) wic is a lifesaver for me... even as a teen mom way back when i didnt get any welfare or stiff like that .. but wic helped just enough... i still had to buy extra formula from tine to time... was glad when carnation good start would send me checks for free cans... with this baby im also approved for much needed food stamps.... first time ever getting state aid... ive paid taxes for 16 years.... if i need help u best believe im gonna tale what i qualify for.
  • My question is, how can u abuse wic? Sell your bread? Oh, I know sell your peanut butter! Haha. I'm on wic, and I have breastfed my two kids, and plan on this one too. My husband had a damn good job, but in november he lost it. We have been using our savings to pay house payments, car payments, but its hard. A whopping 5-something every 2 weeks for umemployemnt really don't cut it when you have 5 mouths to feed. I guess those who arnt on it, don't be mad just cuz your BLESSED to have a decent job. Go figure that one.
  • @twinkiesmom yes her comment really irritated me. Here if you dont have any income to cover a portion of your expenses they make you go to workshops and stuff till you find a job. I get section 8 but still have to pay $400 a month in rent. @breezee your right about that a few years back it was very easy to get any help but now they give you a hard time and if you have no income they will give you a certain amount of time to get a job or go to school and if you dont you get cut off. Im sure soon it will be like that in most states. This ecomony sucks
  • @twinkiesmom and @mommy2beagain what wasn't clear about my previous posts? You seem combative. My comment was in a response to another post about "assistance programs" not just WIC. I work for the state and fully aware of the criteria that people need to meet to qualify. This varies state to state. As I mentioned in my last comment, I didn't mention anything about taking these programs away. I also mentioned that I see both sides and support those on programs who trying to get back to work- that's my job. What didn't I answer?
  • @mommyagain, you are just the sort of person the system is designed for! I totally agree with you. For years I've paid into the system and doggone it I'll use it when I need it. My family will not ever go hungry if I can help it.
  • You just said TRYING to get back to work. We ALREADY work. @ellie3712 and still need the assistance. But its ok I do get your point of view just getting mine across. :D
  • @Mommy2beagain my apologies. I do understand what you're saying.
  • Yeah the point was some ppl r already working. And you seem just a lil bit touchy
  • WHO WAS SAYING THEY WERE ABUSING THE SYSTEM??!! WIC IS HERE TO HELP WOMAN INFANTS AND CHILDREN EAT & PROVIDE INFO. IF THEY QUALIFY GOOD, THEY OBVIOUSLY NEED THE HELP. YOU CANT TELL HOW MUCH A PERSON SPENDS ON THERE JEANS OR WHATEVER BY JUST LOOKING AT THEM. THEY COULDVE RECIEVED THEM AS A GIFT, OR MAYBE THEY WERENT EXPENSIVE AT ALL. NO ONE SHOULDNT JUDGE! JUST WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF!!!
  • Thats exactly what I say @tishj330. I will not be too proud and let my family starve even if I have to bust my behind in a center trying to get assistance. My bf sometimes gets annoyed and tells me why do I deal with the crap some workers give you at those centers. && I always tell him because I rather have my own space than to be in a dang shelter ever again lol its expensive to live here in NYC and things arent getting any cheaper. I do pay taxe so ima get some help dammit hehe
  • IT WAS A SIMPLE POST ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT GETTING RID OF WIC... SMH
This discussion has been closed.