Toxoplasmosis!

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
Omg its one damn thing after another! Started gaving pains last night in neck and noticed some swollen glands so went today and they r now drawing blood to check for toxoplasmosis she said its definetly an infection just dont know wat kind put me on antibiotics already tho. Has anyone ever had this or can someone give me more info? already looked it up a little online.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lil_buggie_3 thanks im in my 3rd trimester and have a cat but gave not touched its litter box since I got pregnant also my cat was born in my home and never been outside. But I think I read u can get it from cooking and handling raw meat also gardening without gloves? Hoping its not that wont know for 3 to 4 days. But wat else could it be thats it on the back of my neck! Smh
  • @ta2edblondie ya my husbands been doing the litter box now every 5 days to a week taking it out scoops it everyday.
  • @lil_buggie_3 & @ta2edblondie thanks fir the support I will think positive and let ya know they said about 3 days till labs come back. Hoping these antibiotics kick in soon!
  • yes I heard they will lick the milk off the babies mouth
  • No offense, but you guys who are saying "if the cat is indoors it is unlikely", you probably need to also think about the part where you said "cats get it from eating an infected animal". Obviously, just because the cat is indoors, that doesn't mean they can't or have never eaten an infected animal. One of the houses I grew up in had mice. That is, until we got a cat. The cat never went outdoors, but sure helped the mouse problem. And just because you don't see mice in your house doesn't mean they're not there. And most_blessed, I'm not trying to scare you. Doctors always have the "better safe than sorry" attitude, which we should be really thankful for. It is probably nothing. But if they treated everything like nothing, then it turned out to be something, we'd be pretty pissed/heartbroken. I know I'd sue the hell out of them. When my best friend had her ultrasound done, they saw a black dot on her heart, and said "it could be a shadow.... or it could be something more serious". It ended up being a shadow. But I was just really impressed how thorough they were. My first doctor was TERRIBLE. I ended up switching to an amzing doctor now, for many reasons, but the biggest one being because she just seemed to not really give a shit. After my first ultrasound, all she said was "welp, everything looks good!" It was pretty much like "oh, there are 2 arms and 2 legs, cool" you know what I'm saying? It concerned me that she WASN'T thorough enough. Anyway I'm rambling. Don't worry about anything, and don't get all stressed out the next couple of days while you wait. Everything will be fine. Keep us posted.
  • I have five cats and no toxo here. If you're not handling litter it's more likely to be contracted in the garden, but it is on the rare side. Cats can get it from mice, but then there has to be a way for it to get to you. Be careful if you're cat is a scratchier and wash up right away if you are scratched because their paws are in litter.