Circumsized or not

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Should I have my baby boy circumsized or not? Please help!!!!!!

Comments

• I definitely would.. as he gets older, he'll want it to be done & it'll hurt much worse. When they're babies, they don't remember it. Some little boys don't even cry. My aunt didn't circumsize her son.. come middle school, as boys pee infront of each other, act out, play sports together.. he wanted it done & had a fit until my aunt took him. Id do it!
  • I had my son circumsized just because my husband said it was better for our son its kindof up to u what does ur baby daddy think
  • Aww im just scared because I read their are risks involved...
  • I hear its more sanitary, and its easier to keep it clean circumcized. So as a parentt you won't have to be so envasive having to pull the skin back to clean him.
  • He is 50/50. Like he wants to but he doesnt want the baby to hurt
  • I had my first one circumsized and im going to get this one done to because my kids doctor told me if they are not they have a high chance of getting infections and they do get more infections versus boys that are.
  • Yea me too. Hmmm its a hard decision. I know it takes about a week to heal
  • @babie_boy2011 they usually on hurt them for the first day and the numb the area so baby can't feel it.
  • Thanks for all your help girls. Anyone not circumsize their boy and the boy is fine??
  • This is my first baby and Im just lookin @ all the pros and cons so I make the right decision
  • Well my bf is not circumsized and I personally love it... He said he got teased a little bit but ended up liking it... He told me its not that hard to keep clean and he never had any trouble with it... I am not going to circumsize my boy if we have o.e.. It will be a decision that he will make when he is 18... I dont want to take something away from my child that he might enjoy and not give him the choice to have his full penis...
  • My boyfriend isnt either. But I still havent decided. Oh my it would hurt if he waits til he's 18! Lol but yea
  • I didn't circumsized my boy and I think it's something that they have to choose to do it or not when they're older.
  • Yea the reason I would do it now is because I know he wont remember that it hurts really bad. If I knew their arent any risks I probably do it but im undecided as of now
  • I dont think are any risks... They used to say it was hard to clean and there are risks for infection but you as a mother and father have the responsibilty to clean it just as when you clean a girls vagina after she poops and you have to give it a good wipe in there so they dont get an infection...
  • And if your bf isnt cut then when he gets older he can show him how to clean it when they are in the shower
  • Hmm I read online their are. Ill ask my doctor to be sure if I remember...
  • Yea true I didnt thnk of that! Thanks
  • Yes there are risk and it will be way more painful to have it done later in life it also causes more problems down the road but its ur choice u r the only one that can decide
  • I am getting my son cut, my ex wasn't and he was embarrased by it. He was made fun of alot. Also if its not cleaned properly or often enough it starts to stink, so if your son ends up being one of those kids that doesn't like to bathe or doesn't like to be touched its going to be hard to teach or get him to clean it. Ultimately its up to you, insurance companies consider it cosmetic now because it does not have to be done, good luck on your decision
  • Don't do it. It was ment to be there
  • Circumcision doesn't seem as popular here in the UK as elsewhere in the world. My 4 year old is not circumcised and has never had an infection I don't know any circumcised boys and my bf is not either. I don't know how I would feel if his school friends all were and he wasn't because I would want him to fit in but then again its meant to be there its a difficult 1 really.
  • Times have changed...13 years ago I decided not to circumcise my son givin advise from his medical provider...she told me this day and age it is not medically necessary because people shower regularly and circumcision is primarly done for cosmetic reasons.More and more people are chooosing not to have this done to there children .My son is now in middle school he has never been teased.I also chose not to circumcise my other two sons now ages 12 & 11. We havent had any issues at all with any of them. I read the other day in either Parenting or Baby Talk that only 35% of people are circumcising there boys now. Also it has been deemed medically unecessary and most insurance companys and state medicaid dont pay for it anymore.

• I'm not one of those preacher types, and I feel it is ultimatley your decision but I just read this passage in the bible a few nights ago so if your a religious person it might help.
    Genesis 17:9-14
    "And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin: and it shall be a token of your covenant betwixt me and you."
    "And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you"
    "And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant."
  • Im having a boy and his father (diffrent from my other 3 ) wants our son circumcised.I dont... sucks we dont agree
  • @QueenBee ...are you Jewish?
  • Angieface:

No, I'm Catholic. I mean I believe that times have evolved since the bible was written so God allows his laws to change along with them (like divorce), but there are those few people who still choose to follow the Bible word for word so I thought those passages might be helpful
  • @QueenBee ... I agree with u..... TO EVERY PERSON SAYIN TO >»[babyboy 2011]«< ...REALLY QUIT TELLING HER "no &yes".....ABOUT WHAT SHE SHOULD DO...SHE ASKED FOR ADVICE NO TO BE DEMANDED WHT TO DO...ITS HER CHILD, YES THEIR ARE RISKS BOTH WAYS IF THE SKIN IS CUT IT WULL HURT BBY FOR A MAX OF 2DAYS...I WAS HYSTERICALLY BALLIN AS I SAW MY BBYS PENIS AFTER DECIDING,TO CUT THE SKIN..I CRIED EVERY TIME I BATHED HIM AND CHANGD HIM,THINKN NOT TO PUT THE DIAPER TO SNUG, OR TO LOSSE... I JUS IMAGIND HOW PAINFUL IT MUST HAVE BEEN PUTTIN MYSELF IN HIS SHOES IMAGING IF MY "v" WAS TO BE SKIND...NEEDLESS TO SAY MY BOY IS FINE AND HIS PENIS IS CLEAN AND NEVER SMELLS...NOW THE OTHER HAND MY TWIN HAS HER SON WHOM WAS NOT CUT....AND WELL HE HAS HAD SERVERL INFECTIONS...HE IS NOW POTTY TRAINED BUT IS NOT PERSISTANT ABOUT TOUCHN HIMSELF TO PULL ALL THE SKIN BK TO CLEAN THE HEAD OF HIS PENIS....BUT HONESTLY BABYBOY2011 THIS IS UP TO U AND U SHOULDNT BE STRESSED...BESIDES I WAS UNSURE MY FIRST TIME TOO BUT I PROMISE THE DAY U HOLD UR LIL ONE RIGHT AFTER PUSHIN OR HAVING A C SECTION TRUST ME U WILL KNW WHAT TO DO...ITS LK UR MOMMY INSTINCTS WILL JUST KICK. BEST WISHES TO U SWEETIE :)
  • I didnt mean it as anything negative ....one of my good friends is Jewish and that scripture was used at their sons Brit Milah.