am i pregnant? positive this morning, negative now

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
soo i used the clear blue easy digital this morning and it was positive. i tried again this afternoon with the same type test and it was negative...i would only be in the fourth week and my period is just two days late. i know its early and first morning urine is more accurate...but i cant help but fear that it was a false positive...any thoughts or personal experiences to ease my mind...thanks everyone!

Comments

• Try getting another pregnancy test and do not drink water to make pee cuz that just dalutes the pee. Also try and use a pregnancy test that has the lines
  • I would say yes, first morning is the best time cause your urine is concentrated. Also I have heard that false negative are a lot more common than false positives. Wait til tomorrow morning and take another, I'm sure it will be positive!!!
  • ID say yes u may b to early to detect it later in the afternoon. Or go to ur doctor and they can do a blood test and tell u forsure. Hope all ends as u pleade it too :)
  • I had a blood test done this morning...just waiting for results! hoping for an hcg that confirms! i have another one of the same brand and im not trying it til morning...maybe it was the bottle of water i drank with lunch that diluted it...we shall see. i will let you guys know. thanks a ton!
  • I heard there is not a false positive, only false negative
  • The first pee of the day is dirtier, it's accumulated more waste during the night. That's why the directions tell you to use the first morning pee to test. I'd go with the results of the first test.

You can test again, but I think you are probably just still early in pregnancy. When is your period due?
  • get a different brand with 2 tests and test again tonight and again in the morning
  • @vanessa-mom2b i have heard that too, but I think you can get a false positive if you leave the test sit to long or if it is an old test!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hcg was positive... only at 14 though so its very early. wish me luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Aww yay congrats and goodluck !
  • Morning pee is strongest that could definatly explain why.. i would say u more than likely are try again tomorro morning or any morning after and i would almost guarranty another positive :)
  • ClearBlue is the best though dont switch brands!!
  • Congratualtions Hun! 14 is a number you'll rememebr the rest of your life!!! :) Good Luck!
  • im 10 days post ov and 14 is average at 7 days post ov...sooo im a little on the low end but that doesnt necessarily mean that i will miscarry soon. good thing im an optimistic person!
  • Good luck girl... that's great news and I hope nothing but the best!!
  • i was a bit nervous about the hcg beta only being 14 but i took another test this afternoon and it was positive soo...i think thats a good sign that the hormone level has gone up since my afternoon test yesterday was negative! i gots a beebee on the way!
  • I've never had a false positive but plenty of false negative tests when its this early
  • Yay! Congratulations mama!
  • Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!!
  • i think i set up a "signature" and im just checkin here to see if it works lol...here we go!
  • Keep us updated!! ;)