thoughts on sex during pregnancy

edited April 2011 in November 2011
I get so scared and think about the baby while we have sex, I can't even enjoy it. But is it even safe to have sex? I don't want my boyfriend to poke our baby's eye out =/

Comments

• Yes it is safe. Baby is WELL protected. Dont worry
  • Its very safeee! Unless the doctor says not too of course. Just like do it on your side. Cuz if im on my back it hurts my back and I feel like hes really squishing my uterus lol or do it when your on top. Just not to rough or fast.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's fine... its also the best sex ever onceyou let yourself enjoy it...!!!!
  • baby is in a sack well protected sweetie so dont worry about it, just enjoy ur sex and have fun :)
  • I told my husband we could not have sex till I was out of the first Trimester just cause I dont want to cause me to have a mc. But even still I have been so tired I havent even wanted to have sex and I feel bad cause I dont work and he works very hard to take care of me.
  • edited April 2011
    Tatertotmom1: Let the man have some relief . Get your self looking pretty when ever he gets home. And put a smile on his face
  • I feel the same way as you @Tatertotmom1 I am in my first tri too and sex make me nervous but not to put TMI out there but there are other ways to keep the both of you happy and keep your sex life strong........ :-)
  • @tscott

Why should tatertopmom put her husbands needs before her own? If she is tired and not comfortable with having sex during the first trimester than she is completely in her rights to not have sex. Just because her husband works, does not give him a free pass to sex.

I have not being feeling like sex and having had 2 miscarriages due to having a weak cervix so sex was ultimately the cause, I think that not having sex is an individuals decision.

My husband works and I don't, and he completely understands that sex is off the agenda, not just for the first trimester but for the whole pregnancy, I am 5 weeks and 1 day. As BirminghamJan3 said, there are other ways to pleasure him but only if you're comfortable and awake enough to do so.

@tatertopmom

Don't feel guilty because you're husband loves you and would rather you protect your little baby growing inside you than put pressure upon yourself to have sex. Think how good it'll be when you feel ready to have it again :-)

And finally @oneintheoven

It's all personal preference. It is considered safe because you're baby is protected.

Congrats to you all x
  • Sex Is Perfectly Fine I Myself Love It More Since Im Pregnant
  • I think it is fine early, however, with my last we had sex at 32 weeks the next day I went into labor and had my little girl. That whole day I refused to believe that it could be labor...by the time I got to hospital I was 7 cm dia...couldn't find heartbeat so had emergency c-section ...it was pretty alarming. So I don't believe I will be having any sex in 3rd tri.. just be careful ,don't over do it LOL
    ;-)
  • edited April 2011
    @Mummydowding: Your situation is different. You have a weak cervix I understand your reasoning for not having sex! Take care of your self!

Her question was; is sex safe, yes it is. Being home all day you have more time to rest. So if making love, early in the morning or late at night when's She isn't tired, puts a smile on his face!! Afterwards have him cook or take you somewhere to eat. Having a baby doesn't mean stop everything. That's all I'm saying. Then they both can sleep ;)
    Doing other things to get him off might take more energy then making love .
  • My brother in law told me his girlfriend did not have sex the whole nine months. I could only say it sucks to be u lol. Since I got pregnant I told my husband I would go from having one to two (for the extra prego sex)lol.
  • yeah 100% safe as long as ur not high risk or anything idk bout the best ever though i feel like i hav to work super hard to get off anymore lol tmi i know im sorry..
  • My hubby and I are 11 weeks, and loving preggo sex! Totally safe unless your dr says no. So enjoy, let yourselves have fun, and enjoy the whole experience!
  • I've got my drive back and OMG its like the best sex we have ever had. And its more passionate. Lol love itttt!!!
  • Im 11 weeks and my guy likes it rough and fast majority of the time
    .. is that still safe??
  • Omg! Sex is my favorite part of this pregnancy. I want it at least twice a day if not more!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have a UTI and sex is uncomfortable. My husband is being a big brat about not getting any and I'm so annoyed. I'm 10.5 wks!
  • Yes sex is safe but I still dont have the energy for it I just turned 12 wks I feel so bad for my husband bc he works so hard and im a stay home mommy I have a 8,7,and 2 yr old and at the end of the day all I want is sleep so maybe the 2nd trimester will be better.
  • I know that its safe, but I have zero desire to have sex!i feel so bad but the thought of sex makes me uncomfortable!i don't know what it is I just dont want to at all! Ps im 28weeks! Poor hubby.....