Im just wondering......(NO DRAMA!!)

edited May 2011 in Just for Fun
Who all on pregly is NOT married and having a baby or have children? I have seen a few posts this morning about how you should be married before you have a baby and it kind of upset me..

My bf and i are not married, though we are engaged and we are ttc. I dont think you should have to be married to have a baby. And i know lots of people who have almost grown children and still arent married....

But please lets not have any drama... I was just curious.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm was married to my hs bf for nearly 16 years before we divorced last year. I'm pregnant by a friend whom I dated for only a bit. 2nd guy I've ever been with..go figure.. It doesn't bother me if a couple aren't married. trust, love, commitment is all you need.
  • I am not married and have been with my boyfriend for 6 years, 7 in November. And im almost 19 we don't feel that just because we are having a baby we should jump into getting married. We have driwn up together. Being together. And love each other to pieces. And not to mention we have been together longer than most people that choose to get married anyways.(most people I say again) also my mother has been with my stepdad for 17 years. And they aren't married.(: its just a label nowadays. And the people that are actually married and stay that way kudos.
  • Im not married, I live with my bf, were ttc #1 & have been since Jan :) we've only been together for 7mths :)
  • @isaiahnjocelynsmommy Exactly! I call my bf hubby and he calls me wife, though we havent been together even close to that long. But its our decision to do this and those other posts kill me and upset.
  • Thank You ALL! :) you guys are making me feel better :) I just didnt want to feel like i was doing something wrong...
  • Me! My fiance and I got engaged then a couple months later found out I was pregnant. This is our first so we are a little overwhelmed at times but its been a blessing for us. It's made our relationship so much stronger and more loving. Some people are mean but I try not to let my family or random people get to me. I'm happy and in a great time in my life-even though I'm only 21. And I know it may be not what I planned but hey, this baby is a gift! :)
  • me and my bd are not married.. but I didn't plan this pregnancy I'm only 17 and we do live together.. I definatly don't think u hav to b married to hav children unless ur like major relijous or whatevwr I could understand that.
  • didnt know hubby meant husband ill now tho lol :/
  • We are prego were ttc and not married aren't planning on it anytime soon but we do celebrate three years on the 19th
  • I also call my boyfriend Hubby and he calls me wifeyy. Haha. Being with the same person from the age of 13-18 is really saying something haha
  • @lil_buggie_3 it was in the post Marriage before or after kids and mentioned again in another post

@huneybee lol yep yep, hubby is husband, or thats all i know it as lol
  • I am married..but this Aug is our 2nd wedding anniversary. But..this is our 3rd we are expecting in Nov. And this is our first child married. If Your ment to get married you will! Having a baby is the wrong reason to get married!
  • We decided to stop preventing conception at the end of November, and we didn't have any plans of marriage in sight. Whenever someone asked when we would get hitched I would say we were just waiting for common law.

But then I conceived in December and now we are getting married on June 4.

What evs. It's life, no one is perfect, and striving to be perfect only tempts god's wrath!
  • I will openly admit that my bf and i havent been togther long (2 months on the 13th) But we have this connection like no other! Its amazing! And trust me, i know its real since i thought i had found "the one" before him.....But we both want this and after reading that i thought am i doing something wrong? is it that big of a deal?
  • Had two kids with my exfiance but he was abusive so now I'm with my current boyfriend were not engaged but do want to get married. I'm 34wks
  • @lil_buggie_3 Thank You :)

@Everyone Thank You :)

I feel better knowing that its not wrong and im not the only one :)
  • @lil_buggie_3 Oh yes, we have done that! :) talked about a little bit of it but not all of it lol. Before he came to visit i told him about my brother (who has CP) and he was great with him and though CP isnt a major major disability my brother can be alot to handle.
  • @lil_buggie_3 mhmm :) Im so happy hes excited to have a baby
  • I'm married, but honestly I was trying to have a baby before we got married. We got married really fast (only dated for 2 or 3 months) because we knew we are right for each other. Idc if people think you need to be married to have a child. I don't think it makes me any better than a couple who isn't married but committed to each other or at least committed to raising their child with both parents in the picture.
  • I am not married and we have been together 4yrs tomorrow. we r on our second child and couldn't be happier. I don't need his last name to be happy although I can't wait to plan our wedding and find me a to die for dress one day lol
  • Really you guys have to look at your beliefs. That's what it's all about. If you believe that jesus died on the cross. ...you know the rest . But if you believe that then you know that it says in the bible you should wait until marriage. I believe that but my sin is that I like to have sex. So I'm pregnant and marriage is no where in site. So don't be offended ladies it's just a stem from their religion and not a personal belief
  • I'm not married, but have been with my guy for just over 12 years and have known each other longer. We just found out we are expecting our first and have only thought about the possibility of getting married in case it would be easier and we all have the same name. I'm certainly not against getting married, I've always just been happy the way it was. I just don't want to run in get married bc we are now pregnant. But to answer your question.. nope!! With the boyfriend :)
  • I don't believe you need to be married before having children! This is not 1944 lol I'm not married to my boyfriend we are expecting our first child in two weeks she wasn't planned but is welcomed by all our families! I don't know when we will get married but its not a priority right away, we just plan in raising our children right (he has a 4 year old from previous relationship) and living our lives.. a ring and a piece of paper don't make you good parents