sushi?

2»

Comments

• When I breastfed my daughter I was told it was okay as long as I trusted the place to have fresh seafood and handled the fish properly (to avoid contamination) but would still ask your ob or pediatrician when the time comes.
  • Yay! That's far away for me but yay :)
  • The only reason not to eat raw sushi is due to some bacteria that can be in the fish if its a liitle bad. Our bodys get sick, but get over it. Babys can get deathly ill. That said, its pretty rare, but can and does happen from time to time. I didn't cut out lunch meat, or yogurt, or soft cheese because our food is soooo carefully prepared I wasn't paranoid. You do need to avoid larger fish like some tuna, shark, because of the higher murcury content. This can cause defects in the baby. So as long as its a clean reputable place your chances are pretty good. All asian communities, and several other island, or water front states eat sushi all the time. I would just be carefull and not do it all the time. Better to er on the side of caution.
  • Yogurt is bad? Never heard that one?
  • @kkmommy the place is called Taka Sushi in Lynnwood. Best place ever! Plus, the have a bidet on the toilet ;)
  • @VictoriaB I will have to come up and try it sometime, the sushi that is, lol
  • Oh hurray, I didn't know I could still eat sushi, I will be careful but this is so good to hear!!
  • We have a bidet at home....swear we've never used lol
  • Well if they like ur booty to b clean clearly they serve fresh sushi lol LOL
  • @billye910 lmao, that's a good point
  • Yup! Its pretty cool, I'd never seen one before I went there. The sushi is FANTASTIC!!!!!! I highly recommend it. Fly to Seattle and take the bus up to Lynnwood if you can :) lol
  • I would rather be safe then sorry, but I did crave sushi from reading this forum and had to get some but everything I got was cooked.
  • Well snow hit Dallas again so I didn't go to doc to ask all my questions :-( there us this place where the Japanese Docs that I worked with go...very authentic....I mean cuz the chefs don't clean the area overtime so even if u get cooked....if it touches where the raw was cud it get contaminated during the rolling it cutting process
  • This is so helpful.....I have always been a huge sushi fan and have been craving it for the past 6 months now that I know I can eat some I shall get some for dinner ;)