Is it normal..

edited May 2011 in Second Trimester
To have shooting pain from my belly button down to my groin? Im 21 weeks with twins, im used to the shooting pain but not this bad, just wondering if anyone else experiences this? Thanks

Comments

• Anyone?
  • No I can't say I have any experience. I just have had minor cramps so far. Hopefully someone wiser will come along to help. Or call the On-call doctor and ask :) good luck!
  • I have had some dr said round lig pain id ask ur dr though if its rly bad sry I cldnt help more
  • It kind of depends. We pregos have lots of aches and pains. It could be Braxton-Hicks contractions, esp if you notice your stomach getting rock hard when it happens. It could be your cervix starting to soften and thin. It could be the baby sitting on a nerve. It could be round ligament pains, which basically means that muscles are being stretched more than they are accustomed too. And, depending on where exactly it is, it could also be a symptom associated with a urinary tract infection.
  • I occasionally have the sharp belly button pain. I hear its normal but not with extreme shooting pains that travel.
  • Thanks ladies, I usually call my dr. office but since they're closed I thought i'd ask some other preg women, I didnt feel the need to call the on call dr.
    I feel fine now, but I will still call and ask tomorrow.
  • http://www.m.webmd.com/women/pregnancy-when-to-call-your-doctor This web site has a list of reasons to call your doctor. Abdominal pain is normal because the babies are taking up more room but if it is becoming unbearable make that phone call. By the way congratulations on the twins.
  • I get that a lot there not severe tho mt doctor told me to/buy a belly support belt and it help because it hold some of the weight
  • @dream_well4all thank you, that was very helpful.
    @ahendricks09 good idea, I will try that. I asked my dr.about the pain he said it could be round ligament or the babies position. I'm glad it's normal..
  • My pelvis hurts so bad it Burns, and it starts under my belly button, too. The belly bands REALLY do help!
  • edited May 2011
    @josie749 yea my doctor told me the same thing
    @MrsStanley_x2 yes they do lol