what did your first little kicks feel like?

edited May 2011 in Second Trimester
Im sure I've felt my little man by now but I can't exactly say lol last week I started feeling weird little movement. It kind of felt like gas at first but definetly something I wasn't use to. I can't wait until I can start feeling more distinct movement and daily what have you ladies started to feel and what did it feel like?

Comments

• Too me they felt like a muscle jolt! People say it feels like butterflies but didn't feel like that at all! My sister has 4 kids and she said she didn't understand either lol! How far gone are u?
  • I agree witht the muscle jolt feeling... not butterfly flutters
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I felt like I had just gone on the down part of a roller coaster. A flipping feeling almost.
  • I agree wit the muscle jolts
  • Feels like a muscle spasm
  • Mine felt like soft pokes, or even like popcorn popping (if that makes sense). The last two nights she has gone wild and kicks hard. I have felt kicks on the outside twice now. Its amazing and makes me smile instantly. @JnetteP I think its different for everyone and I have felt it described as gas type bubbles but no gas. How far along are you?
  • Muscle spasm
  • @jnettep mine felt like yours, like gas but different. I felt it late every night for about a week then I started getting kicks. Now I feel every move he makes.
  • I actually feel butterfly flutters lol sometimes its uncomfortable cuz its weird but I love it!
  • I say like gas bubbles... i can now feel a sort of rolling from one side to the other... last night i saw a "roll" from the outside cant wait till others (my honey and kids) can feel it..
  • I agree with the ladies who said a muscle spasm. It even looks like it too. :)
  • @sands3 where in your belly do you first start feeling it? Bcuz I am 17 weeks and just started to feel muscle spasms but they are quite high and I dont think the baby can be that far up.
  • It feels like popcorn popping inside your belly :) for me anyways and at one point it felt like a wave. Loved it.
  • I haven't felt baby move but I did feel the lil one hiccup the other day
  • Mine felt like pokes.
  • @mum_dad1 I'm 18 weeks now I will be 19 on Sunday :)
  • Yes a muscle spasm is a great way to describe what I've felt!
  • Mine felt like a twitch
  • Mine felt like tickling/itching deep inside! Getting movements now, its awesome! So gentle at the moment, the last kicks and movements were so big and hard I remember from the end of my last pregnancy! I'm sure this baby will soon be giving me a good bashing though!
  • Aww I believe this is the most exciting part about pregnancy. I've had a smooth pregnancy so far and at times forget I am pregnant lol but I've been waiting to finally feel my boy moving inside me. Its like a reminder like hey mom I am in here!!!! Lol I love the feeling its something only a mother can feel.
  • Mine feel like butterflies sometimes and like popcorn poppin other times. She is sure a wiggly little thing. I am just over 18wks and I have been feeling alot more of these feelings in the last week or so. I can't wait to feel real kicks :)
  • @excitedforoctober I felt it mostly towards the middle of my stomach. Sometimes on either side.
  • @jnetteP wen r u due cause I believe we have the same due date...n did u find out wat ur having yet?
  • I love my babygirls tiny kicks I feel them on my pelvic area they r getting stronger
  • for me it felt like a baby.. idk everyone says butterflys but it seemed to me like it was a baby in there movin around..
  • Quick plucks are what it feels like to me....maybe a little of the jolts
  • I agree spasm but like a lil thump
  • Mine felt like bubbles popping and like a little tickle. They're now a lot stronger, I could tell the baby had changed position, as I had several days where the movement was very strong and changed place.