I think my 5 yr old has a yeast.infection.....

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
As I was getting my son into the bath I noticed his area was a little red....the skin around it seems flacky and irritated but the actual penis looks fine and he says it doesn't burn or anything....anybody else been thru this with their boy? If so is there anything I can get otc to make it go away?

Comments

• Yes our son last year at two had one really bad but his birth mother was leaving him in his night time diaper until afternoon and evening. Some kids get them though just from excess moisture and sweating.
  • I dont think boys can get yeast infections. It could just be a rash. Id call your ped.
  • I would put diaper cream on it. I think it will sooth it. And if you get some Aveeno body wash for babies it will help. It helps my boy.
  • @ Emmalee7 boys can get yeast infections my son has had them b4 but not since he was in diapers.

@ TechGirlPa He went swimming the other day and then played outside for a long time in his wet trunks...I think that may have done it... between the wet shorts and being hot and sweaty he created an infection....ill just keep an eye on it till Monday and then take him to the doc
  • NO WAYYYYY. Thats nuts! I didnt know that. Intetestinggggggggg (:
  • Yea could have been the chlorine
  • Yeah I bet he got it from the wet trunks and playing. I would think you could try a little rash cream but idk for sure, maybe just check with a doctor or pharmacist.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bri2186 is that presciption only? Or can I get ot otc? Thanks by the way it actually better today
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My son use to get them alot because of antibiotics he had to take for ear infections you can use cortizone (not sure the spelling) cream it is otc and it helps.