3 yr old

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I'm pregnant but this question is about my 3 yr old......most kids are afraid of the boogie man or the dark but this is gonna sound like crazy but my daughter is afraid of aliens.......she literally barracadded the bedroom door n said its to keep the aliens out......when she's naked between the bedroom n bathtub or when I'm changing her she hides her butt and literally screams if I hold her hands to keep her from hiding her butt....she says she doesn't want them seeing her butt....how do I get rid of this ovbiously dellusional idea of aliens she has?????

Comments

• does she go to daycare?

and do not be so quick to discredit your childs fear, there is a reason that she is scared of this "alien"
  • Maybe try a spray bottle some oils n spray it around to keep them away
  • No daycare.....she's with me or at her fathers.....I thought it was just a joke at first but she literallyy cries and freaks when u prevent her from hiding her butt...I tell her aliens are fake and not real she repeats me and laughs but then the next time she's naked or shuts the bedroom door she locks us in and puts chairs at the door
  • She and I share a room she sleeps in my bed her father doesn't live with us so don't think it could be a fear of someone entering her room to look at her butt....that's y I called it dellusional
  • Maybe try a dream catcher has she watched any alien shows
  • Have you asked daddy about it?
  • Yeah I don't want too scare you but there might be a reason why she is afraid of something that you think is crazy but to her its very real. You may want to ask her when she sees this alien and what it does to make her afraid.
  • mmaybe she just has a very active imagination do u see any other kids maybe get her really busy to forget about aliens
  • Is there any chance her father or someone at her fathers could be touching her inappropriatily? I know no mother wants to think that but never rule it out right away...good luck with everything...
  • I watched the tv series taken and she enjoyed it sometimes as well but they never showed any butt stuff and it was like 6 months ago......yea her dad knows and has no explanation either just thinks its her version of the boogieman
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm friends with all his friends and he's def not the type to do that and he's around ppl all the time as well.....she freaks when I have to put diaper rash stuff o her so there's no way in a house that has 3 connecting apartments all being family and friends would they not hear her screaming if somebody was doing anything that's just not even a possibility for someone to do anything inapprpriate
  • If u still feel unsure maybe have a word to Ur Dr . Our oldest son would always talk n play with some1 call akka he said when he was born in 1588 n knew all bout him then 1day akka just went away.
  • She used tosay she saw ghosts as well so I dunno its just all so strange to me ghosts have not been mentioned in a while but now its aliens it doesn't take over her life obsession wise but its just something I find so weird and wish I could stop it
  • Would a pediatrician really kno how to deal with this or is there like therapists for 3 yr olds???
  • Hmmm squirt gun idea sounds good give her the upper hand maybe if we celebrate enough in how she got them all it'll be the end of it.....if I can convince her she got them all
  • 1st, there is no type that does that. My stepfather was a pillar of the community but still depraved.
    On a completely different note..it is interesting that she is afraid of things that are common complaints of abductees. Children are imaginative but in my experiences with case studies in school negates a child's ability to harbor delusions because of how differently they view themselves, the world and others.
  • thanks really.....friends and family just think its a phase as do I but they don't see how she reacts so they have no advice to help nor do they have kids to compare stories
  • They're called child psychologists..or a family therapist would work. You doc can refer you to one
  • yeah, I understand hun! I'm sure it is frustrating. We don't like seeing our children in pain or afraid. :(
  • Maybe it has something to do with nappys rash I have always told my 2youngest boys I'm gonna eat there chopthey both had fat little legs some1 hasn't said there gonna eat her? Hope u work it out um sure its just a fase my 3was so upset the other day his brother said be ate his eye n swelled ut u had to give him mine . U said that its when ages undressed does she say it about u when Ur going to have a shower
  • i was not going to be as blunt as some of these ladies (which as soon as i read this threw huge bells) however, 95% of all abuse is by family and friends of the family. i too have a 3 yr old lil girl and we would be seeing a pediatrician and counselor asap.
    please give your baby the benefit of the doubt. if its nothing then so be it, but have it checked for validity. if someone is hurting your child, you cannot ignore that. mama_kat hit it right on the spot with my immediate thoughts. we all want to believe no one we know would ever harm our children but the sad thing is, there are sick people everywhere. i say sick bc it is an illness. if there is more to it, you will feel so much better that you saved your daughter from any more hurt.
    im begging you as a woman who was molested by a friend of a friends of my mothers, do not ignore this behavior. and do not try to convince her this is a figment of her imagination, bc she will feel the need to discredit every inappropriate thing that ever happens to her, unfortunately making her a very confused child,young lady, and woman oneday.
  • Well time for bed door is closed n aliens can't get in thank you for your help....will be looking into a child psychologist for sure.....hope my friends or her father don't think I'm being crazy by going farther with this.......night all
  • @mymomsanangel i wouldnt give 2 lighted leeps what ANYONE thought about my parenting bc your childs safety and concerns should ALWAYS come first