Can I give my new born gerber baby rice ?

2»

Comments

• You can also start giving her more formula my baby is 18 days old and she is already drinking 3 oz my pediatrician said that is fine and that by the time she is a month she should be drinking at least 4 oz but because I am also breast-feeding I just stick with the 3 oz
  • Not till 4-6 months don't do it
  • My daughter was takn 3-4 ounces Evry hour an half wen she was born my pediatrician Sed at 4 wks I can add sum rice cereal I'm doin the same wit this baby also did it wit my 3 year old.
  • I wouldn't babies that are fed rice cereal and foods before they are between 4-6 months have the highest chance of being obese when they are older. Plus I don't think they can digest is as well as if they were older.
  • @New_mommy_1 the night time formula that was mentioned earlier us made by Enfamil. It has a dark blue or dark purple label. Not all stores carry it so you may have to call around first. I would also wait on giving the cereal at that young because babies also can develop allergies if its introduced too early. But try giving her more milk that just might be the answer, try 3 oz and see if she's satisfied and then increase the amount as time goes on.
  • I gave rice cereal to my kids early and they are far from obese, however I do think i t was a month after the baby was born.. but my kids were eating 6oz by then and doctor told me it was ok... I had really hungry children :l
  • I think enfamil makes a formula that is made especially to help your baby sleep longer. It thickens in babies tummy to make them feel Full longer. I'm not sure what the age limit on it is, but you could check it out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My mom gives thinned out rice cereal in the last bottle, around midnight, starting at 2 weeks. The babies stay asleep longer because their bellies are full.
  • My son was fed cereal bottles since he was bout 5 wks he's far from obese to he's 3 weighing in at 29 pounds he's skinny lol.
  • I believe its enfamil and its for fussy babies I think it says on it and the lable is purple
  • Girl go ahead and put a little bit in there... I guarantee u it'll make her feel full... ppl r always so scared if they're not going by da book! My grandma said its fine and I always take her word when something is wrong, n guess what she's always right. Go for it! :-D