how long did u bleed after c section?

edited June 2011 in First time moms
Its been 5 weeks and the bleeding comes and goes. I stopped for almost a week then it started back heavier than ever. Now its going away again. Just wondering if this is normal for c section?

Comments

• It happened with me I bled off an on like that for 10 to 12 weeks.
  • Yes same thing happened to me
  • I was bleeding for 2 weeks stopped for a few days then started again for two more weeks with huge clots and I was bleeding badly. But I pushed for 18+ hours
  • I bled for 4 weeks.. And now at 5w3d I feel like im about to start my period.
  • I bled for 6 weeks... sometimes there was a ton of blood, then nothing for days... then spotting. It was crazy and irregular.
  • I bled for 2 weeks, nothing since.
  • I bled for 2 and got my period at 4 wks. Or maybe I bled for 4 and got my period at 6. Hmm. It was one of the two. It's been 5 years since my first and 2 1/2 since my second, so I'm not 100% positive.
  • 3 weeks of heavy bleeding and 3 more of moderate to light bleeding. I got my first period 8 months post partum...I breastfed for 11 months, so not sure if that's why it took so long for AF to show up.
  • I bled for two weeks tops, didnt have a period for 10 months got two regular perioda, got pregnant and yeah.. Lol. I didnt bleed like a lot a lot either.. Just for the first few days.. kinda heavy, then it was lighter than a period.
  • My first I bled about week snd a half-2weeks. Second I bled from may 20 to roughly june 24. Got my damn period june 29 the day after my wedding! !! Lol
  • I bled for a few weeks off and on with all my kids 2 csections and 1 vagilnal
  • Vaginal*
  • I had a csec on Tuesday and my bleeding has been very minimal.
  • @Beautiful_Altar my bleeding was very minimal the first week. Then I started having clots. Keeps going away and coming back.
  • I hope i dont get that. The csection was bad enough. I needed a blood transfusion from losing too much blood. My first natural birth was 100 times better.
  • @Beautiful_Altar I lost alot blood too. Didn't need a transfusion but was very anemic after. Couldn't remember to take the iron pills after. Felt so weak and tired for weeks. Once I started taking the iron regularly I started feeling better. I've learned that when I rest and take it easy I bleed less. My doc said it was okay to go to gym at 3 weeks but no heavy weights or ab workouts. I went and that's when the bleeding returned and got heavier. I had a preemie and spent 4 1/2 weeks back and forth to nicu carrying milk. I never got to rest like I should have. Take it easy if you can.