when I give birth...ppl in delivery room...ladies I really need u!!!

edited June 2011 in Giving birth
I kinda dnt want my mom in the delivery room when I give birth, although this is my first and I may need her there I jus want it to b me and my bf...but I kno she wants to b there real bad and I feel like I have to let her b thr...wat do I do ladies

Comments

• Is this ur first?
  • Oh j/k I can't read lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am having.my mom In there with me but its whatever u feel comfortable with.
  • edited June 2011
    yea this is my first, I feel like I only wnt her thr bcuz I kno if I dnt let her she will b upset n I dnt wna hurt her feelings she was already upset bcuz Im naming my son after his dad and she wntd sum input on wat his name wud b...but I jus wnt it to b me n my bf and although I may need her thr for support ths is r moment n I wnt us to enjoy it togethr...wat shud I do
  • Just be honest with her. Her feelings may be hurt at first but she's your mom! Shell understand.
  • Why dont You want your mom there??
  • All you have to do is tell the nurse, they are great about keeping unwanted people out of the room with out making it seem like its you making the decision.i flat out told my mother she's not coming in the room. She expected to be there, didnt even ask. I explained that this is our baby and our special moment, she already had her babies. Shes pissed and always makes comments about sneaking in, but at the same time she knows that im right, this is our moment not hers, and the nurses and doc will know that its only to be me and hubby in the room there will be no sneaking in!
  • @firsttimemommytobe wat do u plan to do I was kinda thinkn to jus let the birth happn n b like o it happnd so fast or sumthn dumb lol
  • @smgibbs first off shes a crybaby and I hate wen she cries and I kno shes my mom but shes jus so lovey dovey and it annoys me im 21 and she still wants to kiss me she has 5 kids kiss thm lol..but i jus dnt wnt her to cry and I feel like she'll try to take all responsibility frm my bf n she may start probs but bsides tht I jus wnt us to enjoy r moment bcuz ths is r first and I wna cherish it jus the 2 of us...no major reason
  • I told my mom she could be in the room peek at the baby and then leave, I want that couple hours after ward with just my husband and baby, but I also plan on laboring at home as long as possible so hopefully she won't have time to make it lol
  • edited June 2011
    @firsttimemommytobe i live with my bf so of course he will b the first to kno and evn if he's not home he will b the first person i call but im closer to my dad and at first I wantd him thr but I evn decided against tht...but i thnk ur mom is rite we'll wnt thm thr wen its happning thts y I havent told her this is how I feel and also bcuz i dnt wna hurt her feelings
    it is annoying have u ever watched lisa rayes reality show if so my mom is jus like her...if u havent well all she does is kiss on her daughter like thyre togethr or sumthn thts my mom ugh
  • Same boat but my hubby & I decided this was our choice. My mom assumed as well as my Sister & kept on pressing the issue. We finally decided since this was the first it would be us & hospital staff only. We sent an Email out to all family members stating what our birth plan would be, hospital policy etc. Some did not like it & threatened not to come....we stood our ground & most have come around. Those that haven't, well that's their choice....baby is due in 7 days whether they come around or not.
    Basically Don't let someone change Your mind......its your birth plan. I Did not want my.mom or sister in there because they can't be serious & I did not want joking around etc. Good luck!
  • I dont want my mom in there either. Just want it to be a special moment between me & my bf. Nothing against my mommy but thats just my preference. Its our baby so I want it to be our moment.
  • Im having twins. Im kinda hoping that my labor goes so fast we can't call our moms. My mil says dumb stuff and mine stresses me out as much as I love her.
  • edited June 2011
    @mimibrowneyez36 thts exactly how I feel let us enjoy r moment...
    @wendylouwhoo my bfs sister also wnts to b thr but she also is very silly and i dnt wnt nobdy joking around or none of tht nonsense...bf doesnt wnt her thr but we havent tlkd about it yet but im prety sure he feels the same way i do...and i dnt wnt nobdy lookn at my honeypot eeewww!!! lol
    @firsttimemommytobe yea me and my mom dont hav tht bond either but everyone says when u hav a baby u seem to need her...well c
  • I can't imagen doing it with out my mom or husband.. But I'm such a mamas girl lol
  • I wanted my mom to b there but she dont want to lol she says she doesnt wanna c me in pain lol
  • @smgibbs Im a daddys girl and a big one too lol me n my mom cannot live under the same roof...I hav a really bad temper, attitude,no patience and everything else tht goes with those thngs...while my mom is very whiney, emotional, annoying and waterv else u can thnk of...
    @letysfirst I wish she didnt wna b thr I'd feel so much bettr
  • I never knew my dad.. my mom is very quiet, shy and just goes with the flow kinda person lol. I'm the crazy one out of the 2 of us!
  • I don't want my mom there cuz when I had my son she came to the hospital high as a kite on crack. She has sense cleaned up her act but just the thought of what previously happened makes me want her no where near the hospital.
  • @smgibbs i understand y ur such a mommas girl lol
    @kailiasmomma05 well i understnd ur reason i wudnt wnt her thr eithr whether shes clean or not i tend not to take those kinda ppl serious
  • I want my mom there but she dont want too so I guess its me n my bd
  • Well I Jus wanted me n my bf but he walked away from me a month ago I'm 71/2 Months now n mu mom drives me to every dr. Appt so I will be having my mom n maybe Grandma bcus dey both have me spoiled rotten n I'm 19...
  • so this is my third. but you sound EXACTLY like i was with my first. my mom hounded me about being in the delivery room from day #1 she found out i was pregnant. she thought it was her duty and she made sure i knew how she felt about it. she asked me all the time and i told her "no, i wouldnt be comfortable" every time. my answer never changed. well my mom is a nurse and because of this she felt she was entitled to more and even asked the nurses who cared for me while i was in labor. i was livid!! i am not even that close with my mom and i never even told my mom when i started my period for the first time, let alone spread my legs for people to stare. >:l
  • @survivormommie3 did she eventually get ovr it