naming rant

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Ok me and my husband really like the name arkadios. I told my sister and she was like that's a very bold name, it sounded black???? Last time I checked it was ancient greek. I didn't know there was black and white names? She really pissed me off when she say certian comments about names I got picked out. Then she went on and told me the names that she liked..... hmm if you like those names so much have another child, change you name , change your childs name. I'm getting tired of ppl asking me do you got any names picked out then they suggest other names wtf. But anyways I was wondering what y'all think of Arkadios. If its to uncommon or what.

Comments

• Well *honestly* I'm not feeling Arkadios. Its a little too outlandish to me. BUT who gives a rats ass what I think!?! Or your sister for that matter! Its your child and your decision and you need to pick the name. Asking peoples opinions on a thing like a name isn't a good idea. The only opinions that matter are yours and your husbands :)
  • I agree with @rockinmomma its your baby! We are naming our daughter Marlie Jane and ppl give us weird looks.. But I dont care cuz I love the name! Good luck :)
  • I like the name Arkadios! It's different, I say if u like it, that's all that matters. I have 2 names picked out. 1. Dominick, & everyone says it sounds like a black name, but I love it. 2. Zacharee & bd's family says its a white name...Smh at some people :/
  • Lol! That is why we are keeping the name a secret. That and my husband thinks it is special to have it be a surprise.... and well... we still don't have a name lol.
  • We are bob marley fans as well! we were fighting over names and non of the names we had picked I fell in love with.. Then hubby one day said how about Marlie? I was like yes! I LOVE it! Lol. @praying4our3rd
  • You name your Kids and that's final. Ppl will have their opinions, but Hey, you have fun naming your own kiddos and as for me i don't like common names, too many! So i don't blame you.
  • Thanks y'all . We have like 4 half more months to find a name. Its just so frustrating when ppl ask you what names you got picked out then you tell them . They start name other names. Then when I tell them no I don't have any names they presist on telling me there names. Idc about your names lol. I worked with he asked me if I had any names picked out I said yea f
  • I like it! It reminds me of a series i was reading by sherrilyn kenyon.
  • Well since you asked our opinions I will add my 2 cents.....i dont like it.

BUT like the other ladies said....nobody's opinion matter but you and your husband's opinion.
  • I told him the girls name I have picked out. He said I don't like that I like kelsey. I told him its not your child if you like the name so much have one.
  • ppl are always making outlandish suggestions to me.. and they think it's funny.. it's really annoying.. nobody is taking it serious.. that's wut i'm tired of
  • i love the name Arkadios. if you ask me its a shame people dont use more greek names they sound so beautiful. i really liked the name Achellies but my bd/fiance dnt like it. lol so we decided on Aiden Nathan Michael Thomas instead lol. x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dominick is Italian... some people have strange name association issues.
    Hubby and I picked out Olivia and Zoe... mil makes a face everytime I say it. So, I say it a lot :)
    Arkadios is different. Im not a fan because I just think about what the kiddo has to live w. Ive never heard the name but, it's your child. If it has special meaning to you who cares what others say or think.
  • @gatorbob Yea. I think I'm going to start keeping it a secret to avoid the arguement. This mine and my hubbys first child so we slowly figuring out what to do and not what to do.
  • It reminds me of the greek people the Arcadians. I like it and I envy you. We have 85 days left and haven't been able to agree on any names for our son.
  • I like it if you like it..its your child..mist people I know don't like what were naming our son..which is Elias...but they can kiss my..you know what.
  • @sweetsurprise my husband suggested it to me. lol he is a big history nerd. When he first suggested I was like no way. Then it kinda grew on me. Good luck on finding a name. We haven't completely agreed on any names but arkadios is being consider.
    @gatorbob I completely agree with you.
  • Seriously.... Amber Potter ▶ Stephanie Fields Cash/Cache Ryker Chase/Chace Aidan, Braden, , Landon, Parker, Tanner, Draven,Gavin, Stone, Talan, Reid, Tevan,cCruz, Blaze, 2 minutes ago
  • I like it! I'm naming my son Achilles Caramon. When I told my dad, he said, "You cant make up names like a Negro". Ugh, whatever. Names have culture, not color.
  • @mummy_2_be19
    My husband didn't like it at first, but I know I'm supposed to have a son named Achilles so I fought for it. No other name sounded right to me. Now that its picked out, he likes it :)