girl vs. guy doctors

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
What do you ladies prefer from experience.. a girl or guy doctor?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I prefer a woman
  • Guy.. i had a girl doctor with my first pregnancy and she was so rude and a pain in my ass.. my guy doctor is amazing and so nice .. but thats my experience.
  • I have a female doctor. She's actually a midwife and she is wonderful.
  • Those who say a man? What is the difference? Cause I do have a woman right now and I hate her!
  • This his my first pregnancy and I have a woman. I love her she is very sweet and understanding and answers all my questions even if they are dumb
  • I've seen male doctors but with this pregnancy I decided to go with 3 female midwives & have loved it. Best decision I've ever made.
  • My primary doctor is male, but so far I've only seen him once which was for my first apt...and now I go see his midwife...cause its less of a wait and she's been very helpful.
  • i say man...bc even tho they have had training and know everything medically they arer not a woman and do not know exactly how we feel...so they tend to be a little more compassionate...as a woman can say "ya ive been there and trust me you will be ok" and just walk off!

i LOVE my dr! :)
  • I've had both male and female doctors and I think I'm leaning more towards my female doctor. Maybe because she kind of reminds me of my mom.
  • Wow..this is interesting. I have a guy dr and sometimes I feel like he just really care much but then I chaulk it up to homones and realize he's busy lol and has a ton of other patients. I wonder what you ladies think about female vs male pediatricians..? Its getting close to time for me to chose one and idk..?
  • I loved my female doctor ha it originally typed foxtrot lol. But it wouldn't matter to me. But I recommend finding a new doctor, you should feel comfortable during pregnancy.
  • @momtob I recommend meeting them first. Then decide who you like better.
  • I love my doctor! SHE is great, I would recommend her to every pregnant woman.lol. but I had a different doctor in the beginning of my pregnancy & she was AWFUL! She didn't answer any of my questions, seemed like all she was there for was to get her money. So I switched at around 10weeks into my pregnancy & I love my doctor, I will go back to her if I have any pregnancies after this one ;)
  • @momtob: the pediatricians office i go to has 3 doctors in it. There are 2 males and 1 female. We get to see whichever doctor is there at the time of our appointment.
  • I think it more depends on the individual not the sex of the doctor. But I'm personally more comfortable with a female doctor because they've been through this before and I feel they can more adequately explain things. Ive never had a male doctor though so I really have no room to say which is better. I definitely put a lot of time and research in to finding my ob though. I made sure to find a doctor with good reviews.
  • edited June 2011
    Where Iam, I HATE the 2 female doctors. They are CRAZY! They think they know everything, have no compassion at all and brush everything off. My doctor is amazing. He is the lead ob, hospital administrator, and has 25+ years experience. He is great and so nice! I will be sad when he retires! He makes me want to have more babies, but he is retiring next year....so no more for me!