*~UPDATE~*Venting; building security guard harrasing me about using the handicap door

2»

Comments

• lol! good for you! i told my husband ur story last night he was like WTF thats messed up! i mean its a button! my kids use them all the time! we dont get messed with. if a door is heavy ill use the button pregnant or not
  • Well, at LEAST she was woman enough to apologize.
  • @mandac10 Yea Everyone I told that story to was like wtf?! so what are the handicapped people supposed to use lol...she was letting her assumed authority go to her head. crazy lady. got the nerve to try to convince me she's a nice person today followed by yea I got a call from my boss, that's why ur nice, now...bia lol...

@MyLittleBlessing Yea I know right! This guy at my job was like I have to watch out for u lol. I underestimated u too, bcuz u seem so quiet and nice, but now I know ur not to be fucked with. U're a little firecracker lol.

@caroline8_p at Least smh, but her boss assured me that she would so it was probably due to force lol
  • Tell him 2 eat ah fart....jerk
  • Haha that's great! Don't mess with pregnant women..well just women in general haha
  • We tend to use the term disabled in the UK. I have rheumatoid arthritis and its seen as a bit of a silent disability. I don't always walk with a very pronounced limp but currently my wrists and elbows are playing up to the point where I can barely take the top off a juice bottle, never mind push through heavy doors. How can this woman sit there deciding from looking at a person who should be using those doors! I am a disabled (and pregnant) woman but you couldn't necessarily tell from looking at me! You handled this so well though, well done, I think I would have lost my temper!!
  • @lorinrene & @mylittleblessing what makes this even more sad is that it was a woman
  • @singlemama so i read ur update and was snickering about how u got over on the lady! my mom asked what was so funny and i told her of ur situation....she said well who does that security guard think she is....is she monitoring who's using the handicapped bathrooms too?!?!?! lol!
  • That's good that she apologized to you. On a side note, if you ever wanted to put her in her place, technically they cannot ask you what your disability is. That's the law. They can ask what your accomodation is which you already explained that the door was too heavy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @singlemama Ha! Good point (about differentiating between lazy and sick people) In the emails they mean like for staff not to use the handicap door, like the staff who have no reason to be using it, because a lot of people do! It is either the handicap door or the revolving one, which is just slow, but never lets out air or heat!
  • edited June 2011
    So sad then she should no the aches n pains of pregnancy n be compassionate so sorry u have to put up with that....even shopping centers now have special parking for expectant mothers....y can't all business n facilitys b as compassionate....gesshhh :L
  • Oh please!!! The only difference it would have made is she would have privately bitched instead of calling TRYING to get you in trouble. And you're right, her womanly apology was strictly because someone higher up told her to!
    Again still handling yourself perfectly!!
  • *UPDATE* I think she got fired. I haven't seen her around in a while. Plus they have new people in the front.