bottle suggestions-breastfeeding

edited June 2011 in Breastfeeding
im goin to nurse my daughter when she is born. my only problem is that with my work schedule she will have to use a bottle all day friday and saturday. whhen i return to work. i will b working 7a-11p on fridays and 7a-7p on saturdays. i will also clean a house 10-15 hrs a week but she will b with me. those r the only days i will b away from her. i just don't know which bottles to use to avoid nipple confusion? anyone with advice would be appreciated thk u n advance

Comments

• Im going to try breastflow. Its supposed to mimic the breasts
  • Breaarflow works great.
  • *breastflow*
  • I had to use bottles when I went back to work with my first som...my son hated the playtex airvent ones. So I tried NUK bottles and he loved it. On top of that they have transitions to sippy cups for when the baby gets older. He had no confusion at all. He had been using them since he was four weeks old. So I plan on using them when I have my second son.
  • Mam bottles are great
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am not to sure about this one...my son never took a pacifer. But some companies such as NUK make the their own pacifiers along with their bottles. So their a lot of similarities. I would go with a bottle that also makes their own pacifiers.
  • Mam have alot of soothers that are good whilst breastfeeding, like the perfect soother. Check there online shop out :)
  • I've had similar questions like that urs when I decided to breastfeed...my lact consultant said not to use ANY bottle for the first 2-3 wks...no matter how similar it is to the nipple...u cannot mimic a mothers breast...and after ur 2-3 week period u can put her/him back on a bottle...the same thing with a pacifier...nothing but breast at first...u really don't want the confusion cuz then it would he hard for baby to latch back on...just my opionon thou
  • My baby has been home for 2 weeks. I give her breast and bottle. I don't notice any confusion. She actually prefers the breast. She loves to snuggle next to me and feed. I use NUK bottles
  • Playtex Dropins. I breast and bottle as well. I feed her Enfamil Gentlease, as it is easier on her tummy when she switches between. She prefers breastfeeding,But doesn't show any confusion.