is a UTI common for some pregnacy?

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Is the uti infection common to get wen you are pregnant?

Comments

• It does happen yes but if you feel like you have you need to see a Dr asap
  • From december when I conceived till now I have had 7 uti's. They suck, it has seemed to calm down now for me. I am on uva ursi pills which help with my urinary track and I'm prescribed a low dose antibiotic for after sex. If you think you have a uti you need to go get a urine culture done, do not put it off. Not only will it start to hurt worse it can also be bad for the baby. If u have an questions let me know
  • I had one last week. It started with pains all over I spoke to the doctor and he said he couldn't diagnose me over the phone but ifhe had to he said it is a uti. Went in the Ned day and sure enough uti! He's good!
  • Yes, I had one so far, they prescribed me antibiotics.
  • It's very common, yes. As long as you take care of them right away they're nothing to worry about. Well, nothing to worry about for the baby. Obviously for you they suck a lot. So far this time I haven't had one and I'm very grateful; with my other pregnancies I had them a few times.
  • Yep I had two at the beginning of my pregnancy they suck badly get check ASAP
  • Just had one last week and it sucked, thought I was having contractions cuz I was cramping. I guess it really common while prego cuz the pressure from you
  • Do you always have pain with a UTI? I have had previous UTIs with pain but for the past two days I have had to pee every 30 mins or every hour..but I have no pain at all so IDK if I should just do more kegels or wait for the pain or go to urgent care IDK!?
  • Your uterus pushes down. Get to your Dr for meds ASAP cuz it can spread to your kidneys.
  • @nmartinez79 are you talking to me? If its just my Uterus pushing down would that cause a UTI?
  • I had no pain with mine! It just showed up in my urine when I went to the dr. I have to be on meds for bladder infection until I deliver my daughter so yes definitely go see your dr
  • @lily_glz awesome thanks!
  • You're welcome!
  • Not sure that's what I read online. Said that having an enlarged uterus makes u more prone to uti and bladder infections. I just Googled bladder infection during pregnancy ;)
  • I had to be on antibiotics at 30 weeks through the end of my pregnancy because of infections.