bio-oil!

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Who's used it? I just bought some, I'm 2 months along....I want to know if it worked for anyone. I'm alternating among bio-oil, Palmer's belly butter, vitamin e oil, and regular lotion throughout my pregnancy....also wondering if anyone has used more than one product and if it had worked/not worked.

Comments

• I have some Bio-Oil and I hear a lot of good feedback about it but because of my genetics (collagen)...I'm doomed for stretch marks! I got a few from my first pregnancy but I'm expecting a few more with this pregnancy. I'm 32 weeks and no new ones, so far, but these last few weeks was when I got them with my first pregnancy. Errr...LOL.
  • I'm using bio-oil, palmers cocoa butter belly rub, & st. ives lotion.. seems to be working! I'm 16 weeks and my belly is smooth & clear (:
  • My mom said she got the all over, but didn't try to not get them. My bf has really bad ones, but his mom has none, and she said she used vitamin e oil and only got stretch marks on her hips where she didn't use anything.
    Another friend of my moms used creams on her first pregnancy and got none, but didn't use anything on her second pregnancy and got them everywhere.

So I'm trying everything! Lol. I was a gogo dancer before I found out I am pregnant so I would like to try as hard as possible to not get any so I can get future gigs again.
  • Oh I feel ya.. I'm a gymnast and don't want them either!!!! I heard they're hereditary.. and my mom doesn't have them.. but I'm not risking it lol
  • I heard they are hereditary also, my mom and grandma neither one have them but I still got them bad with my first. I also used all the lotions and oils on the market. I gained a lot of weight and I think that was the cause so I would stay at a healthy weight if I could do it over again.
  • @second_time_mommy7 ohhh yeah I'm working on that! My mom said she gained 70lbs with me. I'm planning on staying right within the limits lol. I don't eat out anymore it's all changed to home-cooked food. And I talked to my doc about exercising to stay within the range :P
  • I gained 60 with my first and did not have a single mark until the week before I gave birth. I thought I was clear until I woke up one day with what appeared to be a serious attack from Freddy kruger! Lol
  • Your skin does most of it's repairs at night while you sleep, so butter up before bed. I hope it works.

Where did you get bio oil? I have the Palmer's butter from the grocery store. Didnt see a bio oil.
  • I got it at walmart in the face lotion/facewash aisle .... its in a little white and orange box.

Thanks for the night advice! I've also read that vitamin c helps repair skin so maybe if I drink OJ right before bed and lather up I'll be ok :P
  • I used it for my last pregnancy and I've been using it throughout this 1 I got no stretch marks with my son but I ve already got a few small ones this time and Im only 27 weeks. I'll keep using bio-oil but I think they're going to get worse :(
  • i didnt use anything for my first two and were lucky enough to not get them on my belly - only on boobs and hip areas.... i think it's all in your genes really. my momma didnt get them either. but this time around since im older, i think im going to get stuff and try to "help" it out alittle... thanks for the advice ladies...