heartburn..

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I have it...bad! Can I take anything for it? The drs office never called back and now there closed for the night :( help please!!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Zantac 150 :) just make sure you don't mix it with tums or any other acid reducer and it works like a dream! Best to take it only with water.
  • You could use tums. Theyre safe but sometimes they dont quite fix it. This sounds wierd but I dissolve 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of baking soda in about a half cup of warm water and drink it. it tastes nasty but it nutralizes the acidity it your stomach. Works like a dream!
  • @rockinmomma your my hero right now (and your user name is awesome!). Sending the hubby to walgreens for some..as soon as he gets home! Thank you a million times!
  • @12mamakiss baking soda and water huh? Sounds better then pepto..that stuff always makes me throw up, never fails lol I hate it! If it helps I will try it at this point..I'm miserable over here!! Thank you for the remedy :)
  • Definitely! Zantac has saved me. Heartburn kicks my butt, its awful. Hopefully it works for you too :D
  • Lucky Me I Havent Had Any Since Being Pregnant & Im 26 Weeks
  • @janellesmommie funny you mention that cause I'm drinking milk right now and it seems to be helping. I thought it was coincidence lol! Thank you :)
    @mommyy2be lucky lady! I'm 28 weeks and it seems like it just hit over night. Hope that doesn't happen to you in the next couple weeks cause, wow, it came on like a freight train and its never ending for me :(
  • @mommyy2be yes lucky u I wake up wit heartburn shoot I dnt have to eat to get it sucks!!!!