WHO DO YOU WANT IN THE ROOM WITH YOU?

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
So who do you want in the room with you when you have your baby? Have you had to hurt anyone's feelings and tell them they can't be in the room?

I personally wish I could crawl in the tub when nobody is home and have my baby (no I'm not literally going to do that), but just my SO is going to be in the room and I'm hoping to convince my mom that she can't be there (some how telling her she can't be there gave her the impression that she gets to be there).

Comments

• Just me and my husband, parents have had their turn and this is our special but painful baby time! Lol and only so many people you want lookin at your hooha at one time!
  • I want my fiance n my grandma or mom but it will just be me n my fiance he won't let anyone else be in the room
  • i am having my husband and my mom. my mom knows what to do and has been there before and I dont think my husband can handle me by himself when im in pain lol. whenever I dont feel good or hurt I want my mom over my husband lol
  • My Bd, Grandma && Mommy
  • My mommy and my husband will be in the room. My mom has a lot going on in her life and this baby is the light if her life. My husband and I are really close with my mom and want her to be there to help and be a part of our special day!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mpmommy aww u make me want my mom in the room after all.. but idk
  • My mom and fiance will be in there. My hospital only allows 3 people so that's who it is. I figure his mom might want to but I don't want her in there so if she asks they only give out 2 support bands lol :)
  • It may sound a little selfish but I dont want my mil in the room. Just my mom. My hubby hasnt said anything about her bring in the room so I'm not bringing it up. Lol!
  • @newmomma15 same 4 me am havin my hubby aswell as my mum
  • @mpmommy i don't think that's selfish.. that was going to be the excuse i was going to give my mom that since my mil can't be in the room it wouldn't be fair if she was in the room
  • My husband and I made this baby. He will be in the room.besides my mom will be at my house with my two daughters. My MIL I is useless...not sure when we will see her. My youngest daughter was in the nicu for 4 days and the heifer never showed up so she can pound sand if you ask me
  • Just hubby
  • this is crazy but I had mum, hubby, sister n midwife. My sister is doing her midwifery n she videod me giving birth to a 10lb12 baby with no painkillers moaning n growning in all my glory lol. Took it to uni, showed her class n it is now being used by the university as an aducational tool. How do I now go study midwifery knowing my vjj is being shown to all the students hmm, ur heads blacked out she says. Time to pick a different career I guess lol
  • I had to tell my MIL she couldn't be there. I started out my pregnancy saying no one, just my hubby, but when it came down to it, I really wanted my mom! So we called her to come. This time, my dilemma is, i'd love to have my mom there, but I really need her to watch my daughter, because hubby's fam is completely unreliable.
  • @bummy87 wow you're ok with them using your experience as an educational video? you're braver than me

@laura536 there isn't a friend to watch ur daughter?
  • My hubby with definately be there. I always thought I wanted my mom there, but now I have 2 other sisters that are pregnant andwe are all due within a few weeks of each other, so I am getting myself ready for the her to not be there.
  • she didnt ask but im over it, they all get to endure my pain through video lol
  • My hubby and my mom.
  • @bebita86 yeah, a friend, either of my siblings, or even my dad could do it, but my daughter has her heart set on Nana, lol!
  • I'm having a c section, so just my mom will be in there...since my husband is overseas
  • @laura536 aww everyone wants grandma that's so cute
  • I'm having c-section so just bd, but I really want my mommy too
  • I have had soooooo many people ask of they could be in the room or offer to be there! I will be having my mom, my mil and my bf. After that if any more people can come in I told my 2 sisters and my step mom they can figure it out among them selves lol. I don't really mind but I would have liked it to be just me and my bf on our special day as a family. But both our moms are really excited so I feel I can't say no.
  • edited June 2011
    I just wanted my husband in there. My MIL got really butt hurt but my SIL totally understood. Luckily(as crazy as that sounds) I had to have a c section so it worked out that only he could be in there with me :)
  • I just want my husband and hopefully my Bradley teacher as my doula. My mom is trying to weezle her way in, even my dad is trying to get her to be here and they are in the middle of getting a divorice and fighting each other. "What about your moms feelings? This is a big time for her, its her first grandbaby!"....
    Yeah, what about MY FEELINGS?! This is my birth after all or did everyone seem to forget that? Sorry its been so agrivating and is one of my nightmares... then she went and bought me a crib for the baby and instead of being excited about it I just look at the crib with dread because my family is the kind who guilts and only do nice things for each other so they can use it as leverage. If anything she WILL be leaving the room when its time to push and has to stay out for the first hour, hour and a half, so hubby and I can bond with our baby. (And here I was hoping moving three states away would help in keeping her away)
  • I would like for the Dad and my Mom to be there but i have to get a c-section so it will just b the dad
  • no one will be there except hubby. my mom is def no!! shes narcissistic and thinks she runs the show because shes a nurse and i will be delivering at the same hospital she works at. but just hubby and i, as it were with my other two :) he calms me and that's all i need