Belly Bandit...

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Anyone used it before? I just had my baby and I bought one, so I'm curious how it has worked for others?!

Comments

• No i want one...let me know how it works! :) my friend had something similar and it help
  • @beatrice1436 I will keep my page updated so check back in a few weeks! I also bought this little girdle type of shapewear from Kohl's, and I must say it feels really nice. I came home from hospital on Tuesday, and have lost 13 pounds (mostly water) but its making my stomach look normal so much faster. Its the same price as a BB to. We'll see which works better. I'm trying 2 weeks on both to see.. I will say; after a c section the Kohl's shapewear feels much better and goes down low enough to cover incision and not to high to cut off the air supply! Lol
  • What is the name of the thing you got from kohls?
  • @buebug3
    @Beatrice1436

I'm attaching the link. I bought the nude/gold one. It's so easy to use. If you look at the pictures you will see how you can wear it a little lower on your waist. It completely forms you. So awesome! (not to mention comfortable) You also cannot see it under clothing, so no one will ever know it's there :)

The belly bandit shows through my clothes because it is thicker and you can see where you attach one side to the other (the velcro)...

Hope this helps, and anyone else with feedback feel free to share!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/shapewear/waistthigh/PRD~505154/Flexees+EasyUp+Firm+Control+Waist+Nipper++2368.jsp
  • I read the reviews on the shapewear and it says it's not really condusive to bigger women because it can cause spillage over the top. SO, make sure to think of each individual size when purchasing these things. I'm a very petite person, so it works for me. But we are all unique :)
  • Aww..thanks...im not due till September ...but im looking forward to trying this.
  • Did you get a bigger size than you would normally wear pre pregnancy?
  • @buebug3 I actually bought a large, and that's because of the whole still looking pregnant thing. I am a pregnancy size 4. So, it says I should have bought a small, but it's not taking into account that your belly has to go back down. I would definitly say order a few sizes too big, as they are made for compression and will most likely fit even if a little too big. The large fits me perfectly. I am sure that when my belly finishes going down I will need a much smaller one, but I like this one for now. Maybe try like 2 sizes bigger than prepregnancy if you order online, otherwise; go into the store and size yourself. I was a c section, so I had to order online.
  • @buebug3 I'm taking pictures for Fathers day with the fam tomorrow, so I'll post a pic with me wearing it. Then you can get a better idea. )
  • Omg I want that so bad keep us posted please. I want something that's gonna suck it all back in Lol
  • @samantha --- I will! If not, check my page for updates :) If you bought a pregnancy belly band/beband or whatever.. (everywhere has a different name for the tube tope stomach covering looking thing) lol... anyway.. save it because it's great afterwards. I wear it inder my shapewear, and will with the belly bandit too. It keeps you cleaner, so you don't get all sweaty and stuff... awesome :)
  • Thank you!
  • Oh good idea yes I bought one but don't wear it much now. Thanks. And congrats on your new baby.
  • @Samantha
    @buebug3
    @Beatrice1436

Hi ladies! Just wanted to update. I quit with the Kohls shapewear because it was too big, but I still think it's great if you don't want the BB. Anyway, I updated my profile picture. I've worn the BB for 3 days now. All day & All night. I only remove it to clean and shower. My stomach is really shrinking, and as you can see it's like pulling it all back in. LOL I still have a ways to go, but Its not too bad for 12 days postpartum! Oh, and just so you know my stomch (measured around back to belly button.. was 41 inches on D day... It's now 35 inches) So, measure yourself around before you have the baby so you can keep track. It's a total motivator!

Hope this helps :)

p.s It is also becoming more comfortable each day.. So that's good :)

p.p.s I pull the BB down low enough to cover the top of c sec and so far it's helping lower the weird skin looking thing you get from the surgery... :)
  • You look good...wowhoo..im excited to get one!
  • @Beatrice1436 -- Thank you! I still have a long way to go, but it's working :)
  • That is so cool! I want to try now!
  • @Viviya

It's seriously like the best $45 I've ever spent. lol I hope it keeps working!
  • Congrats I can't wait to try it