When is too early to get an US?

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I read a lot of posts saying they are 4 6 8 wks and haven't gotten an US yet... my last period was Dec 11 10' and so I missed Jan 11 the following month. Took a test on Jan 20th and got a positive. First appt a week later and they gave me an US and said I was 4wks pregnant. 2 wks later went back again and said I was 6wks and 5 days and gave me another vaginal US. So just curious is it bad to have vaginal US so early???

Comments

• I don't think there's anything bad about it. I had my first at 7w 2d. My dr wanted me to wait until he knew there should be a heartbeat because I had a terrible mc last year. I'm having another in a little over a week to ensure everythings good just to ease my worried mind.
  • Deng I'm not getting one until 10 weeks :/ lucky you got two already. I only get one now and one between 17-21 weeks
  • I had my first at 5 weeks and two since then. I am now 12 weeks. It all depends on the dr. Most wait cuz its hard to see much that early
  • Hey jennifer we are due the same day looks like :)
  • I am 11 weeks and have not had one yet. Wonder when I will get my us appt.
  • Ok thanks ladies =) and really keesh? When are u exactly due? :)
  • I am due Sept 17th, my last period was dec 11 also :) I get to actually choose the day my baby is born due to csection, so he or she will be born earlier than that, but my due date is the 17th. We had an ultrasound yesterday and heard its heartbeat and seen it squiggling around in there! It was so cute and AMAZING! When is your due date exactly?
  • The reason it could be bad is bcuz so early its hard to see anything, which causes u unnecessary stress and worry. I had one super early and they said they couldn't see anything so it may be unviable. Of coarse I worried sick until I finally got to see a healthy baby w a heartbeat a few weeks later.