positive pee and negative blood?

edited February 2011 in Pregnancy symptoms
Today went and got the results of the blood test and while we were at it we got a pee test too. You know.. While we waited. All the computers had crashed (again) on the count of someone putting a hardcore virus on the system. My doctor went though the health of the system like we were computer doctors but assured us that someone was looking into it and there was a forensic investigation to see who had done it. All this meant that we had to wait for the results of the blood test to be faxed. Hence the pee test! Anyway I'll cut to the chase. I went to get a sample and while I did this, Chris sat with the doctor and waited for the results. I came back into the room and Chris looked sad. They had gotten the results and my HCG test said my hormone levels were 7.5. You need to be at least 20 or over to be pregnant. So the doc said it still might be too early. Lets test your pee anyway. He tested it. We sat there expecting nothing, then a little faint line showed up. It stayed faint. But it was a glimmer of hope for us. We sat there and stared at the test in disbelief. The doctor said, "hmm.. Well, go get another blood test in a week.. Looks like you are but it only happened recently.." We walked out feeling pretty good about ourselves.

Comments

• Congrats! That's exciting!
  • @katlilly I don't know what to believe!!!
  • Believe you are preggers :) its very rare you will get a false positive. Give it a week and take another blood test
  • Wow usually u have to be 2-3 wks for a urine test to pick up and by then a blood test (bhcg) would be at a 1,000+

Medicine practices are so different outside the states bc whats going on with u makes no sense from someone whos been in medical field for so long. That really stinks :/
  • But GOOD LUCK!
  • @Singlemomofsoontobe3 its not that different here and the blood test was a couple of days old.. Ahh I don't knowwwww >..<
  • When I got my first faint line I had a blood test that day and my hcg was 10. 10-60 is 1-2 weeks. I'm 7 now
  • My friend was always regular on her period. She was 4dys late, took a test. It came back negative. She waited 5dys, took another, it was also negative. 5mos of this went on, she went to the doctors 3 times had blood taken, it all came back it was negative. She was told it was probably stress, that she was making herself think she was pregnant so her body didn't have a period, that maybe it was endometriosis, cysts, etc. One day she felt movement, then looked at her belly to see it moving. She went to the E.R. where they did an ultrasound to find out she was 23wks pregnant with a little girl. How crazy is that?! So, there is probably a chance you are pregnant! Maybe your cycle switched it up& you ovulated later than normal. Good luck!
  • @ashley0512 I'm thinking of doing another pee test in a week!
  • My first 2 pee tests were very faint lines. I didnt no what to belive but turned out i was pregnant. In the end i ended up doing 6 pee tests!! All of them in 2 days. Im now 7 weeks.
    So i would say you are pregnant! Congrats :">
  • @mrsdelrae wow that makes me feel way better! i'm thinking of getting an ultrasound asap. this is driving me insane! the doctor told me the same thing when the test was negative. :(
  • The faint lines drove me crazy!!! then I went out and bought a digital one :) less self doubting that way!
  • Lines are better in my opinion they usually detect 25 miu of preggo hormone and its a yes r no were line u can get a negative faint pos or pos and they can range from 6-50 miu of the preggo hormone gud luck
  • Oh a line is a line
  • Yeah I didn't like the lines one, so I went and bought digital, way easier to read. I got a yes and I am at 6 1/2 weeks:)
  • I did a line one and it turned instantly... but I was in denial and already 8 weeks by that point :)
  • Say u test to early for it to show up on digital it will never give u a faint line it will give a no because it dose not detect ur hcg level even tho ur preggo that's what I was saying.........gud luck
  • edited February 2011
    With my first, I knew I was pregnant and had to find out ASAP because of my Juvenile Diabetes, so my OB did a blood test and it was negative but the day they told me the blood was negative, which was 2 days after drawing my blood work, I did a digital at home test and it said "PREGNANT :)" even had the smiley. I called my OB and told her a at home test just said I was and she was like, "Ohh, well let's set you up an appointment then."
    Never understood why a blood test said negative which can detect just a few days pregnant but yet a at home test proved I was. Weird.
  • I took a clear blue dig first it said no then took a reg line test a couple hrs later faint pos took another 48 hrs later very positive very fast then went to get blood work negative they gave me an ultrasound and what do u know a bean that was with my first
  • I did a regular home test and it told me the good news!
  • Congrats.!
  • Congrats!
  • Thanks!!! I took a photo and blogged it so I can keep looking at it!
  • Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations!