nesting tired?

edited June 2011 in Third Trimester
OK mommas, I'm 34 wks 4 days n it seems like I nest on and off, is that normal? I wanna be one of u mammas that just goes crazy cleaning everything, but I'm just so TIRED all the time!!! Were any of u super tired all the time then went bonkers cleaning?
Honestly its bothering me big time cuz I feel as if my house should be condemned with all the clutter n what not. ( I have taken 4 SUV loadsof clothes and what not to good will) but there is still so much left, I just wanna cry!
And do any of u know how to get rid of ants and spiders. The last ppl who lived here were nasty!! N although I've gotten rid of most the ants with just keeping food put away n not leaving out dirty dishes, they still seem to show up now and then. Along with a mouse or two. :'(

Comments

• I'm off and on nesting.. I'm 31 weeks and I wake up some days ready to clean the world then some days I just wanna sleep.

As for the ants they have these great ant killer things that are little black plastic deals that have poison in them and they go retrieve it because it is food and take it back to the ant hill and kill the whole place! I can't recall the name of it.. but if u go to Walmart and ask they should be able to help.

There is spider spray at Walmart that works well. If u know where they are and can spray them.. if not i would hire an exterminator :)
  • They sell ant traps. The good thing is they don't smell. Raid smells.so nasty! We had a bad ant problem and I put the traps down. After a couple weeks they were no where to be found.
  • I'm almost 35 weeks & always have a couple days a week where I just wanna lay around & do nothing, but then others.. I'm like supermom & do everything all at once! Guess its just different for some people!
  • I'm 28 weeks and I nest like there is absolutely no tomorrow but I have days where it's all I can do to get out of the bed. I've tried to break my cleaning up into lists and prevent doing too much in one day so I'll be able to get a little done 5 days a week.
    I've gone through EVERYTHING that I possibly can, more than once, and it seems like the clutter is breeding.
    Unfortunately, my house isn't spotless all the time like I would like for it to be --- and like you, the people who were here before us were DISGUSTING!!! I'm always killing bugs around the house; there's just no end. I also stumbled across a mouse on my stove the other day --- oh, was I p!ssed!!! It seems like there's just no end to the massive list of things to be done and one day doesn't help any more than the next. I'm no closer to a clean home than I was a week ago.
    I feel like I spend my life re-doing what I've already done, so NOTHING new gets done!
    For the past 3 days, all I've wanted to do is stay in bed. I watch as the mess piles on top of all the hard work I've done for the past two weeks and, although it frustrates me, I simply don't feel like fixing it....UGH!!!
    You are NOT alone, Dear. Try breaking your cleaning into rooms; make a list for each room and do a room a day...and keep the main living space as straightened as you can...it really does help with the pure and utter exhaustion!!

(:
  • I go in spurts, too. Sometime I get tired in the middle of something so we have half done projects around.

I try to start little jobs or break projects into chunks-like cleaning one shelf of the pantry and taking a break. Also only trying to do one room at a time.

I used ant house things and sprayed along the outside walls of my old apt. I also had to set mouse traps.

You might want to have someone else do the spraying when you aren't home. It smells bad and may not be great for pregnant ladies.

• @adensmommy0803 I'm 38 weeks and 4 days. I have my c-section tomorrow and this past week I barely started nesting. Lol I moved all the furniture in my room, dusted got rid of a bunch of clothes and thought I was done and could finally rest today(the day before my surgery) boy was I wrong. Stupid ants decide to show up last night when I've cleaned everything and there's no food in the room. I'm soooo pissed that I can't rest but we sprayed some poison that has no scent and they're gone. This happened last year and that poison seems to keep them away. Ill let u know the name in a bit cuz I can't remember @ the top of my head.
  • iam 30+5 and nest off and on and then get lazy because i am so exhausted. which is normal for me, as i was this way this early with my other two. but as you get closer to due date i would really go crazy nesting, then go into labor soon after
  • I think Combat makes the traps. Why don't you have an exterminator come and then just maintain it after that. Might be easier than trying to get rid of them by yourself. We have Terminix on contract so they come by every few months for termites as well as all other pests. If I see as much as one bug they come right back out. It's totally worth it.
  • @podgemarine - Thanks i'll have to look for those. I had some white ones that hubby bought they were just a trap thingy and the ants wouldnt even get close to them! We have been spraying for the spiders but it hasnt done much good. (we dont know where they are at) So we put down the little spider sticky traps, those worked awesome for about a month. We got all sorts of little bugs on those things, but we put new ones out and now NOTHING... :-(

@Jess510 - those were the first thing i tried. but i think i have super smart ants or something they go out of their way to by pass them no matter where i put them!

@monkeysmommy2011 - Are we the same person in two diffrent places??? lol I've got to find a diffrent way to get rid of the mice too! I was trying to clean the kitchen and stove today and realized that we have little bars of mice poison stationed all over the kitchen. (under cabinets, on top of the counter in multiple places, etc...) When i saw a bar behind the microwave I just about freaked. What if our lil baby gets ahold of that somehow!!! And the clutter does breed at night when we go to sleep (or try to any way) all the little lost socks n dust bunnies get together n plot where to place their little babys so that we will stumble upon them and have a panic attack when we wake up! I think i'm gonna try to break it up by task and room. Hmmm... :-? maybe i should kidnap my little sister n make her clean!

@Liz86 - I know how you feel the i can clean my room out and find empty pop or bear cans (hubby loves to leave stuff on his night stand then somehow it gets knocked under the bed, it never fails!) and there wont be a single ant in the house. A couple days after i get rid of the nasty cans the ants appear out of no where!!! I HATE THEM! and the name of that stuff would be awesome, i'll make hubby go get it tonight! :-D

@blueberrysmom - If i could I so would in a heart beat!!! I hate bugs with a pation.... But i lost my job back in Nov. n hubby wanted me to wait till after baby came to get a new job because of some issues i had back in Jan. (ended up in the hospital and they couldnt find babies heart beat. Scarriest moment of mine and hubbys life!!!) Well, me not getting a job put us in a bind, needless to say.

The spiders are my biggest issue. I kill those little Brown Recluse (sp) spiders and black widdow spiders on a daily/weekly basis. And we have those wolf spiders (not deadly but they are mean!
  • Then definitely go for the Combat traps. They really work well. There's some other ones with a clear gel in a tray. I'll post the name if I can find it.
  • here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HJBKMQ/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/182-5235754-2355263

They definitely worked for us before we got Terminix!
  • I was cleaning all day yesterday and I'm so sore today! My necks, legs, and back hurt.
  • @adensmommy0803 It's a possibility :p I have the SAME issue --- there's mouse poison all over my house, too...and they seem to work their way around it. It's like it doesn't even phase them. UGH!! I mean, I know all houses have their pests, but seriously?!?! I don't know what to do and I definitely don't want it ANYWHERE around anything of the baby's...we can't even use some of our cabinets it's so bad. GRRR...
    Unfortunately, we don't have the option to call in any type of pest control company, either, so we're learning to deal with it on our own. I wasn't really panicking over it until I found mouse poo in the baby's bed; that's a problem for me!!

Breaking your cleaning up into lists, based on room is much easier! Start by dividing the whole house into rooms, then break down what needs to be done in each room.
    For example, when I was "deep cleaning" my house, here's what one of my rooms looked like:

Kitchen:
    Wash Dishes
    Pick Up Trash
    Clean Oven & Stove-top (Inside & Out)
    Dishwasher (Inside & Out)
    Microwave (Inside, Out & Underneath)
    Refrigerator/Freezer (Inside - Shelves, Drawers, Egg Rack; Outside --- Sides, Doors, Handles)
    Cabinets, Shelves & Drawers; Clean Handles & Knobs, Tops & Fronts
    Counter-Tops
    Floors/Light Fixtures --- Dust cobwebs
    Sweep/Mop

--- Seems like a lot but once it was done, I felt great! I was pleased with the work and it was SUPER easy to keep picked up after that --- Dishes and trash go out daily and the floor is swept/swiffered...! 15 minutes max (:
  • @monkeysmommy2011 - I AM SO TAKING THIS LIST!!! Thats one of my big issues right now because we have been slowly working on the nursery for the last 6 months. and hubby took the carpet out and OMG!!! The mouse wholes n poo under it was horrible!!! He did go ahead and spray for spiders now i'm trying to get him to fill in the wholes. He just says whats the point they will only make new ones. I dont care!!! if it helps keep them out for even a few hours so i can find something better i'm happy!
  • @adensmommy0803 this is the one I used and it leaves no odor. It can be used indoor and outdoor.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04/65/00/71/0004650071110_500X500.jpg
  • Yeah, I'm 34 weeks. I sleep long hours at night. Wake up and I'm still soooo tired. I just wanna lay somewhere, drink water and that's it. I have been feeling like nesting but my husband took it to his own hands because I can barely complete all the tasks. He orginized the house but I still gotta clean all the carpets. Clean all the floors in great detail,steam clean. I didn't baby proof the house. I'm still waiting few items to arrive. It worries me. I also have a lot of spiders lately cuz of the heat. I have to call pest control. It bothers me so much that I think what if it gets to the baby. I want no worries in my head when I'm with the baby. I understand you very well:)
  • @adensmommy By all means; if it helps you get your cleaning done, GO FOR IT!!! I'm more than happy to share. My lists for each room in the house helped at least get them cleaned, even if just one day at a time...and once it's done, it takes a maximum of 10-15 minutes to straighten them up, daily. On a good day, I can have the whole house straightened, swept/vacuumed and smelling good in an hour and a half, total!! (:

As far as the mice go --- I completely see where your hubby is coming from in terms of them just making new ones. However, if you cover the ones that they already have, it will buy you a little time in taking care of the issue; they have to be taken care of, bottom line!! They're driving you nuts and it'll be worse if you don't get them out before the baby comes!! Hubby-to-Be suggests requesting that your Hubby puts bars of mouse poison down in the holes and THEN covering them up; that way, there's no way for them to get away from it!
    Also, try this: http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-mice/

Let me know if you see anything useful, there! The cleaning lists will help you with a portion of what that site suggests; if you don't see anything let me know and I'll keep looking (:
  • im 37+1 and i nest on and off. i will go crazy cleaning for a few days and then be really lazy the next because im exhausted. i thought it was just me. i feel so overwhelmed though because there is so much i want to get done and fear that i wont have enough time.
  • @Liz86 - Thank you, I'll have to make him pick that up at some point soon. Hes had an attitude all day and didnt feel like getting new stuff so he used the stuff from our shed since it says that it can be used inside or out. Well needless to say it will be a few more hours before I can go back in my house. He even put a resporator (sp) thing on and cant stand to be in the house. I havent done any baby proofing either and i feel so bad about it but i just keep telling myself i have a couple more months to get it done since baby cant crawl around right away.

@ashthurs - I'm glad your hubby is helping so much! I wish i could get mine to help with the cleaning and just everything. If its not something that needs done in the nursery he wont touch it.... and i'm sick of asking for his help. He is OCD and a huge clean freak but its only when it comes to his clothes they have to be washed, dried, folded, and put away a very certain way or he just tosses it back in the dirty clothes. So i've started putting his clean clothes in the trash. I wont have to worry about laundry unless its mine or the babies here soon if he keeps it up!!!

@monkeysmommy2011 - That web site is great!!! I got a few good ideas. Thank you! I gotta start working on these cleaning lists. Get one made up for each room then maybe i'll feel a bit better about bringing baby home.

@dueinjuly11 - you are so not alone!!! I still have to find away to get a fence up for my five dogs so i can get them out of my house! Plus everything that i need to do inside. Its just crazy how much we have already done and how much we still need to do. And my Dr. telling me our lil mans gonna be here early is SOOO not helping!