At what age did you move your little one into a toddler bed?

edited May 2011 in Second pregnancy
My two little ones will be 20 (almost 21) months apart and trying to figure out if my daughter will be ok in a toddler bed come October when baby #2 arrives. What do you think?

Comments

• I moved my son at 18 months if I was you I would do it sooner so she has time to adjust and get used to it before baby gets here.
  • Thanks ladies! Did you use pillows and blankets? She's still in her crib, so she wears a sleep sack and only a sheet on the bed.

@Tammy how many months before the baby is born do you suggest? We don't have the room ready yet. We'll probably start working on it in June. If I move her in August (she'll be 18 months)? Baby #2 is due October 30th. Or more time?

@praying4our3rd lol...you are too funny!
  • 15 months but she's advanced and I felt she asked for one and didn't roll out her day bed when I converted her bed.
  • A couple of months should be fine and I use a pillow and quilt or blanket if hot with his favourite characters on it. Also for the first night I showed him the bed during the day he was so excited to go to sleep that night and didn't get out once it took him a month Rio realise he didn't have to wait for me or my hubby to get out of bed lol. I also toddler proofed his room and have a stair gate on the door.
  • I think so my son will be in his toddler bed before 2 years old....lucky my crib is convertable
  • I was in the same boat. Oldest was born January 2008, youngest October 2009. I moved oldest to toddler bed in August, so that she had time to adjust, I jut baby proofed her room.
  • About 2
  • My daughter was 2 when we moved her into a toddler bed.
  • My son will be 20 months on the 19th and we moved him to a toddler this last weekend. He was climbing out and I was afraid he was gonna get hurt. My oldest went to a toddler bed about the same age cuz he did fall and get hurt. :( we had dcs investigate because of abuse, since he broke his arm :( don't want to go through That again! It was horrible!!
  • my first was 12months hated cots got him a rail, second is 20 monthsjust about ive set up a second cot I dont want to mess up his awesome sleeppattern lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • my son is twelve months and i just moved him into a toddler bed.. he loves it..
  • We just moved our daughter to a big girl bed. she'll be 18 months this month. we need the crib for the new baby. but she is doing great!! she's so proud of her big bed!!
  • edited May 2011
    At 10 months (before she could walk) she climbed out of her crib while we were sleeping. So we converted her crib to a toddler bed. At about 18 months she got her own princess canopy bed (because we needed to convert the crib back into a crib for our soon to come baby boy) she sleeps with toys blankets etc
  • My son is 2.5 and he's still in his crib. But with #2 due in dec we will start looking for a toddler bed for him. I was told to switch beds when they learn to climb out. He's not there yet so im not stressing it. Looking forward to laying down in bed with him and reading books :) also its uncomfortable with my bloated tummy getting in the way of placing him in his crib. He loves his ben 10 blanket, his pillow and stuffed animals. He's maxed @ 4 animals right now! Haha :) I hope you have fun shopping!
  • My sister did it as soon as my nephew learned to get out of the crib on the lowest setting. Around 18 mo also. But when it comes to putting them to bed, you have to use tuff live. If they get up 10 times, lay them back down 10 times. Don't give in and lets them convince you otherwise. I did this with my nephew every night. Sometimes he got up 2-3 times, I made him go back to bed, thus letting him know I was the boss. Now my mom does it, and it's still affective (my sister works mid day into the night usually)
  • 12-18 months.
  • Age 2 in a bottom bunk bed. I never do toddler beds...
  • edited June 2011
    My son was born may 16 2008 and he was sleeping in a toddler bed April 09...he was about a year old...the trans was easy...we went from bassinet...to a crib bit we only had the crib for a few months...he took to it really well...though he didn't ever sleep with us...so I'm pretty sure that helped...he always had his own room and space...he loves his bed! We let him pick it out...
  • My son will be 3 in oct. He was still in his crib and never climbed out. When we moved we decided to convert his bed to a day bed and he does good most nites.sometimes he wakes in the middle of the nite and comes in our room but my husband gets up and takes him back to his bed and lays there till he falls back asleep. Come oct for his bday we are getting him his lighting mcqueen bed that he wants and his bed will be turned back into a crib for lilly due nov 28.
  • Around 18 months.
  • I plan on moving my son between 18-20 months. I am having another baby & dont want to have to buy another crib if i dont have to! He is only 14months right now but is already attempting to climb out so i think by then he will be ready anyway!
  • About 2 weeks ago lol she turned 3 may 20 and like @sterling_mama never attempted to climb out of the crib. She was fully capable, she just didn't. Plus we had tried her in a bed(adult size-due to a move) last September and it was a huge fail. My mil sent us a toddler bed after we told her how much she loved the one in the store(not our intention but who's arguing with a free bed lol). Some nights she goes to sleep no problem until the suns up, some nights she keeps getting out to play for an hour when we first put her down. On those nights we repeat its bedtime not playtime..and we still have our same nighttime routines we've had forever which helps.
  • My son got his big boy bed at 18 months...as soon as he could climb out of his crib and playpen...never had a problem getting him to sleep in his bed
  • Both my boys were about 2 when I moved them into their own beds.
  • My first was in a single bed before 12months my second I put into a single bed at 23monthd both fine