Anxiety and trouble sleeping!

edited February 2011 in First Trimester
Am only 9 weeks along, and I have such a hard time falling asleep, I mean I feel like I have anxiety problems, I am 30 years old pregnant and my doctor considers me high risk! What do I do?

Comments

• Thanks so much tiff87124 I have a doctors appt this Friday am going to ask her about it!
  • I have a friend who took tylenol pm like her while pregnancy. Her doc said it was OK. Hope you get some rest! Congrats on the pregnancy!
  • edited February 2011
    I'd recommend Not getting on the medication bandwagon right away. Anxiety is not a disease or a physical illness... its a behavioral condition. You are likely in bed at night worrying about a lot of things including how anxiety will affect your baby because its the time when you don't Have anything else going on to distract you. Have you ever noticed while you're busy that you havent been anxious for a period of time? There's a reason for that. Look into books on mindfulness and make sure you are doing baby safe exercise like mild yoga and walking. Also cbt may be very helpful for you. There are also programs available like the linden method.

I should also mention That I've studied anxiety for years and have had several sufferers in my family including myself.
  • It may not be a disease or physical illness, but that still doesnt mean it doesnt put stress on your body and for baby. You say you have anxiety, what is yours like @TechGirlPa? Cause mine starts acting up when im not even stressed. Have trouble taking deep breaths so therefore it hurts oxygen to your baby. I agree medicine isnt what you want while pregnant if you can learn to deal with it, but everybodys case is different. I'd talk to your doctor @ivette3780 he/she will help you the best.