Got the Mirena iud today....It HURT!!!

edited June 2011 in Health
It hurt worse than being pregnant, catheter, IVs, spinal block and the c section. Was very uncomfortable and I was so glad when it as over. I already stressing about getting it removed in 5 years!!!

Comments

• It hurted me too. So painful :(
  • oh now i am scared i am scheduled to get mine next week :(
  • My sister is on her fifth yr and she is so ready for it to b out I'm sorry but she been so miserable I'm so ready to hear others opinions on it hers is not gud at all
  • Mine didn't hurt at all getting it in or having it taken out and I didn't have any problems with mine the 2 1/2 years I had it. guess everyone is different but all my friends that gave had it except for 1 have loved it and hers wasnt in correctly... I plan to get it again after this baby
  • @grissy_barria it was like a never ending pap smear. Felt similar to a pap smear but those are so quick. This lasted for a while cause there are two parts to it.
  • It hurt when they dilated my cervix to insert it.
  • I really don't like it I got surgery and half of my face paralized for that :-( good luck whit mirena iud
  • I had no probs even removed one n inserted another same day no prob.
  • Both my friends that got it hated it. One of them the iud went up into her fallopian tube somehow. And the other friend had hers just fall out one day
  • @salsabia Ur Dr is not suppose to give it to u unless u have had a vaginal birth. This Is because Ur cervix never full dilated and went thru the stretching of what it would have if u had a vaginal delivery. There are Alot of complications that could follow such as the possibility of the iud being shoved thru Ur uterus wall bc of it being hard to insert. U may wanna check up with that. And if u have had a vaginal birth sorry for the scare.
  • OMG i hope my experience is better with it .
  • @salsabia ugh I was supposed to get it on the 28th but I chickened out and told my doc to give me another week to think about it :(
  • I don't remember mine hurting when they placed it three years ago and I had no problems I had it removed in Nov a little painful that I do remember and was preggo in feb:)
  • Mine didn't hurt to bad but I had so many cramps and finally after a year and a half being on it I started my aunt flow for like two days a month. But my man is well hung sorry tmi lol and he pushed it up higher then it was suppose to be. We were leaving for vacation and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get pregnant again so I had a check up. The doc couldn't find the string to it so I had to have an internal us done. That hurt so bad bc she was trying to find it. Finally about 15 mins of moving it around she found it. I made them take it out. I said screw this. I was almost to the point of having to have surgery. I will never go on it again.
  • @nena18_labori Is it paralyzed permanently?

I was thinking about getting it after I have Kaylee but now I'm quite terrified. I knew a girl that had the mirena and while we were in basic training something happened to it bc of all of the strenuous activities and she ended up going into a coma for a few days. It took her a long time to recover!
  • Mine hurt, made me sick for 4 months, then decided to have it removed due to being chronically ill from it and found out it was growing into my uterine wall...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow I was going to get it until I read all that...more bad story's than good...okay so what do y'all like...shot made me gain weight like crazzy..nuva ring was okay just hated having to take it out n put it in...cant do pills I forget...so whats new? Its been 3years since I was on anything
  • ....Aaaaand this makes me beyond hapoy that I chose to get my tubes tied!
  • @Tootie08 no was like 3to4 months but surgery was the really bad big infecction 20 days whitout food water or anything total of
    35 days on hospital and lost 20 pounds
  • I had the paraguard & I got pregnant on it. I do NOT recommend iud's at all!
  • @Azmom i need to know the same thing...
  • @paxtonsmomma I had c section cause she was breech. I spent 5 weeks in hospital cause my cervix was thinned and dilated. Had her 9 weeks early.
  • edited July 2011
    @BayouMamma and @azmom they have implanon a stick she size of a match you can have placed in arm. Good for 3 years.
  • I loved mine when I had it but I had complications due to a.cyst on my ovary that ruptured and caused inflammation which was.pushing it into the wall of my uterus.and they were afraid it would punctured so thy took it out after 1 1/2 yrs.
  • @tbaby2011 I keep hearing more Bad than Good. my doctor is great. I love him. I can't see him recommending it to me if everyone has problems with them. hopefully that's not the case.
  • Hopefully yours works out ok mine was great but I had history of cysts before I got it and my new doc said I probably should have been on a low estrogen pill to help with cysts too. I probably would have still had it if I had been on a pill also.