The Actual Feeling of Giving Birth

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
For those who have given birth how would you describe it..painful..I need details

This girl told me when the head comes it feels like fire...

Comments

• edited July 2011
    The only thing i remember is the pain from the contractions...but i don't remember it hurting when he was coming out...and the placenta...felt slimy
  • I'm anxious to see what ladies say!! Glad you asked.. (:
  • @beatrice1436..can u compare the feeling of contractions to anything

@mommy3 I know right...I got 6 weeks and Im scared and really wanna know what Im in for
  • My boyfriends friend said it felt like being burned alive o_O scary.
  • edited July 2011
    Like period cramps...but 30xs worse in your back and lower stomach ..That's how it was for me..and walking didnt help....i seriously thought i had to poop so i keep trying to go to the bathroom but i was actually pushing my son out! I was 9cm when i got to the hospital and they had to break my water
  • @simplyjenai.. I only have 3 weeks left.. the anxiousness only gets worse!!!
  • It definitely felt like it was on fire for me when her head and shoulders were coming out with an epidural but its different for everyone
  • edited July 2011
    Contractions are like menstrual cramps x100. I think every lady take labor differently. Mines was pretty easy going but only because I had an epidural. I didn't feel much. Don't scare yourself.
  • Crowning feels like a ring of fire and contractions are painful, but when you hear the baby cry...the pain is gone. Ya, you'll be sore for a few days, but the experience is beyond worth it.
  • Im nervous because im doing this natural.. im hoping i can do it and handle it
  • @kritten_octobeebby I am too! Im really hoping I can handle it :/ some of these ladies said it felt like fire WITH an epidural! Uhhhh scary! I have just over 9 weeks til my due date, im so excited to be a mommy!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @misskristan is right you forget all about the pain as soon as you hear that cry.. its amazing and worth every bit of pain and discomfort .. good luck ladies :)
  • yep when the baby is crowning .. they call it the ring of fire.. lol.. and thats what it feels like but compard to the pain of contractions.. its mild.. ugh..
  • O joy lol I only have four weeks left n am a first time mommy I'm so nervous
  • I HAVE 6 WEEKS LEFT AND I'M JUST READY TO GET IT DONE WITH SO I CAN MEET MY LITTLE MAN
  • Its the contractions that get ya as soon ad u deliver OMG u feel soooooo much better! The pushing felt better for me was like a release plus I new it wad almost over lol
  • They say any day now my lil man could be here, I'm just anxious. I'm hoping to do this naturally
  • I agree with everyone, its like period cramps but soo freakin much worse. I was 8cm dialted and had the back shot. But he had to come out when I was only 9cm dialted. His cord circulation was getting cut off as soon as they broke my water. And he had to come out. Thank god I got the epidural.
  • The contractions are painful but with an epidural, I felt peaceful & calm...like ahhhh :) .
    As for the actual pushing, it feels like a big poop. I wish more people were told about that! I wasn't pushing as I should cuz I thought I was pooping! The placenta coming out was a breeze! Soft gushy...no pain at all. But the dr was a dope & did an episiotomy without my knowledge. So I couldn't sit for a week because of the cut.
  • Contractions are extreamly painful. I never felt any burning. I had no epi/pain meds.
  • Yeepp ive been having contractions for two days now. I hadnt even had bh before this. Mine just feel like my period cramps used to, which were more towards my back, and its getting to be 100 million times worse! With burning! Ugh lol i cant imagine whats pushing her out no meds is gonna be
  • It burned with the head comming out but that was it, I had an epidural n didnt feel a thing besides that, honestly healung has been more painful :(
  • Oh Gosh u guys are scaring me...I HATE my cramps cause it feels like its coming up through my ass to my tailbone...ugggh the pain
  • I went in with the mentality that i wasnt gonna take any drugs and do it all natural..but man when those contractions kicked in i ask for them to give me everything lol..but yes contractions are like a bad period cramps *100..dont worry though you will forget all the pain after u hold your baby..good luck mama!
  • I was told to think about the worst burrito you've ever had.... all the cramping and gas and the cringing and miserable that comes with it.