16lb newborn ...Holy crap!!!!!

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Anyone see on the news the baby who was just born ( I think Texas maybe not-) who weighed a little over 16 lbs n was like 2 ft long. Wowsers!!! What a big baby boy...I think it said his parents nicknamed him Moose....

Comments

• Good lawd have mercy!! Thats a huge baby.. Please tell me it was.via csection?!
  • I would assume n hope so!!! God I couldn't imagine it coming out the poor vag :/
  • Ummm whaaaat?!?! That's no newborn, that's a linebacker!!! Lol poor thing, I couldn't imagine carrying a 16 lb baby (ohh the back pain), she mustve been huge!! That's seriously ridiculously huge!!
  • Great googly moogly. Can I get a "have mercy" from the crowd. That's just ridiculouse....I barley sqeezed out my peanut at 6 lbs. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Ok, now that I just seen the pic.....OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!
  • Yea ill take my tiny babies any day...I don't want to birth a 2 year old geez....guess all her baby clothes are getting took back size newborn - 18 months ;-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • c section... I HOPE..... lol
  • Since when did women start having toddlers????
  • Woa I was reading that & a lady gave birth to a 23lb baby.......thank you Lord for my normal 8lb 14oz baby because I ciuldnt imagine even carring that big baby
  • edited July 2011
    MJ was 11lb and that was agony. He split my pelvis and put me on crutches.. But 16lbs plus.. OUCH!
  • Nope wasnt c section and that poor woman. This i believe was her fourth and largest? I would totally stop if i was her. Damn i dont think there is enough kegals one can do after a 16lb baby! ;-)
  • Ahhh!!!! How the hell is that even possible--- so in shock =0
  • Omg! It hurts just to read this! That poor lady. :)
  • How did that baby get so big??!! Didn't she go to the dr. Because I know they would've intervined somehow! My midwife said if baby gets to big we can induce early. Geez.. hope not. My first was 6lbs10oz.
  • Yea she should've been induced and had a csection
  • Lol @supermom405 that's what I was just thinking I mean Hell they picked a perfect name for him I now thing she is a brave woman to push that out
  • OMG WHAAT THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE! !!! I don't understand y a doc in their right mind wouldn't have induced or c-sectioned waaay earlier! !! Thats not adding up for me especially now in 2011 and in America. I'm surprised @mummylady83 with an 11 pounder Dang!!!
  • Lmbo that is a toddler, awww man she can't even enjoy the size of a baby newborn instead she got stuck with a toddler at birth lmao, she still blessed though! ! Y'all sure tjat baby doesn't have some type of disease or genetic problem that causes rapid growth or something? ?!!? Guess I should go n read article myself ...
  • poor guy
  • Crazy for america yea bc of how closely were monitored but in other countries like indonesia they have babies that size!!!
  • My daughter was almost 3 before she hit 16 pounds
  • Oh snap.

That's a biggun lmao. :O
  • http://www.wctv.tv/mobi?storyid=125289658. Ok I feel better knowing she had a csection!
  • Lol I am from tx and she had her baby at the same hospital im having mine
  • My friend just had her baby a month ago and at birth she was 12lbs 3oz
  • edited July 2011
    Diabetic baby? The baby in the frist link provided is a diabetic baby.
    My mom assisted in the birth of a 13lb baby. His mom was in active labor for three days and didn't know it cause his head was to big to fit in the birth canal. He was a csection baby obviously