am i the only person that has a mother that didnt throw them a babyshower smh??

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
My childs fathers mother is throwing me my first baby shower i been ased my mom n she didnt want to smh am i the only one i think that is so selfish n uncaring thjs is mc first born as well ..

Comments

• my mom is a bitch and didnt plan my baby shower , A lady from church has planned me a baby shower, shes paying for everything, im not suppose to know but my little cousin told me lol
  • My mom won't talk to me. She refuses to reconcile with me. So i also have a mom who isn't throwing a baby shower: (
  • nope! my mom is disgusted that i am having a shower for this baby. it pisses me off. she justifies it by saying that she didn't get a shower- well boo hoo lady, get over it! your fault not mine. so my friend and i are joining up to throw mine. smh.
  • Nope my mom past away back in 07. So your not the only one. I doubt I will get a babyshower. My dad asked me about it I told him it wasn't his responsibilty to throw one.
  • My mom is supposedly planning one for after my little one is born but if her planning is the same as making curtains for the room it'll never happen.
  • My mom didnt throw one for my 1st 12 years ago...didnt have one for #2 or #3, but since #4 is going to be 7 years younger than our last my best friend is throwing us one. My mom never has even offered.
  • my mom isn't. Haven't talked to her in over 3mos, when she said I deserved to get kicked in the stomach while preg. She didn't even acknowledge my bday.
    She "helped" w my 1st one(this is my 3rd child, only have had 1 shower), but it was nothing I even liked food wise. She wasn't even nice tome. She said she had to bc no one else would, but bc she said she woujld my sisters didn't. Oh and I didn't even get a gift from her.
  • edited July 2011
    My mom isn't! I'm throwing my own, lol. My mom doesn't want me to throw my own, but I can't stand my family and all my friends live 2 hrs away. So I'm doing it. My mom does live 1200 miles away from me so there isn't much she can do.
  • My mom didn't throw my first. But I didn't think of it then....in 2000. A friend did but had the baby that day so friend did it the next week. But mom's passed now so I was gonna throw my own. But told a friend ...different one...she said no that she's gonna do it. So everyonehas it different.
  • My mom said it is tacky if I throw my own and she would but it is still tacky for a mom to throw the shower so she wont. So my friend said she would help but I am pretty much doing it all.
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is my 1st baby and my moms 1st biological grandchild n she didn't through mine. In fact She informed me that I wasn't part of her family and wasn't to invite anyone in HER family. Then two weeks b4 my shower she threw a huge fit cuz a friend did my shower ( the friend ended up messing up everything) and my mom n I were left the morning of the shower picking up the pieces. If I ever have another baby shower ill be planning it alone!!!
  • my aunt and uncle are doing most of it for us also they r buying most of the baby stuff we need. but my mom is doin as much as she can as she is on limited income and has scraped and saved all she can to help out with shower and other stuff. she is setn up and got all guests invited and stuff. my mom is on disability and waitin on a kidney transplant amongst other health problems. im just grateful im getn a shower
  • Well my first one was suppose to be planned by my sister and it didn't happen and my mom lived about 2hours away so I didn't expect her to plan however she did come and cook the whole entire meal for it. And my sis came through the last few says with planing and decorating. This one is a joke my sis said she was gonna do one in may and all of a sudden it didn't happen and haven't heard nothing else from her about it. My moms finacnces aren't there right now but I think it should be one of my best friends who throws it but hell I know imma end up planning it if I have one.
  • My cousin is throwing one for me. She's really good at throwing parties and she threw a baby shower for her bff. If my cousin wasn't throwing one, I bet my mom would tho.
  • My nana is throwing mine w my sister
  • My older sister is throwing my baby shower. At least I have her. I was took young to throw hers when she had her kids so she did it herself :0( I will be lucky if I get my mom to show up.
  • My mom helped with my first, but my sister paid for & organized everything & did a bang up job. :) my mom & i haven't spoken in 7 months over her need to get some mental healp for extreme hoarding, so I assumed I wasn't going to get one this time & I was okay with it. Well, my MIL said she thought that was sad & asked if she could throw one for me, and I was all excited & said yes! but if she wanted to we'd have to do it really soon (this was like 2 or 3 weeks ago) because I'm due the 31st... well she just texted me today & asked if she could do it "sometime after the baby's born"... fml... I got all excited for nothing. I don't want to do it after because knowing my MIL I figured I would have to do most of the work myself, and I am not interested in doing that after I have a newborn & a 3yr old. Besides, it pisses me off because she knows I was all excited & she doesn't have a damn thing else to do. Ugh.
  • My bfs mom and his Gramma threw me mine. I don't speak to my mom because she is a selfish crazy drug addict. She wouldn't have thrown me one even if she was involved in my life. Not a single person from my family came to my baby shower. My bfs family is amazing :)
  • I am having a baby shower and my mom isn't even coming
  • My mom and mil were supposed to be the ones throwing it...Guess who got left with everything. Hubby and I and my father are throwing the baby shower...Fucked up man.
  • My friends threw mine for me last month. My moms in another state but we haven't talked much this year. We have had a rocky realationship my whole life as she is bi-polar and blames me for her illness, among other things. I called her to tell her her first and only granddaughters name and she said it was 'aweful' and that 'the whole thing seemed like a joke'. She informed me I will be a terrible parent and don't deserve this baby and I had enough. I'm better off with out her anyway and we haven't talked since that conversation. Sometimes I wish she was a better mom but this is my chance to be better then she was. Your not the only one who's missing out on an active mother but I'm glad I have good friends and people like you guys who understand :)
  • the one I did get I planned.
  • I Haven't Spoke To My Month Since I Became Pregnant & Left Home ! She Don't Even Know I'm Pregnant & I'm Glad She Don't Buy She Has Always Told Me She Will en Watever it Takes To Get Rid Of Him/ Her! & I Threw My Own Babyshower :)
  • So...totally off subject...

But what does smh stand for? Jesus, I see it everywhere and I so honestly have no clue. I know I sound dumb, but I'm cool with that :)
  • my foster mom through my first when i was 17, and my mil threw my second and now my third.. my moms dead broke so i really dont expect her to throw me one..
  • @jessica_clayton its shaking my head lol and everyone asks it at some point :)
  • @akmommy: well hell, I never would've guessed that on my own.

And I ran through many a possibilities in my head lol :P
  • @august22baby where at in WA? Im due august 24th! Im in Bonney Lake :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.