i need as many happy thoughts n prayers for lil phillip plz **update**

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Im scared. Had genetic screening n didn't look good. So tomorrow I have to get fluid drawn n a detailed us. Let's hope for good news ladies. I can't help but think this is because of bad things I've done in my life. I really hope my little guy is ok and this is all for nothing. I keep telling myself God wouldn't put anything on me I can't handle but im just so scared and have been a wreak all weekend. I told my mom he's at risk for downs syndrome n she like freaked n yelled n wont talk to me. My sister n husband have been supportive. I called my aunt who has a daughter with downs n she couldn't believe my mom is acting this way. But anyways plz ladies keep lil phillip in ur thoughts n prayers n hope he's ok. Thanks

**update** so i had my appointment today. had a detailed us and things are looking pretty good. he looks normal except there may be something wrong with his kidneys nothing major apparently this happenes alot with most boys in general but it can also be a sign of DS. but not a concerning one really. i refused getting fluid taken out. after talking to the doc i found out im at risk for pre turm labor and getting fluid taken out makes the risk even higher! so i dont want to take the chances. all in all he seems ok. if he has DS im not woried about it im more concerned about something bigger but the doc is pretty sure he will be one of two ways, normal or have DS. im just hoping my lil phillip stays strong and and he doesnt want to come out and explore the world top early!! can someone tell this baby he better listen to the doctors and keep brewing for at least another 12-16 weeks?!
and also ladies thank you so much for ur thoughts wishes hugs and prayers. its nice to have suppot out there even with people we dont know. ur all wonderful woman and i wish each and every one of u the best of luck! thanks! oh n i just made my profile pic one of my little guy as of today! i swear he has his fathers head and nose! Lord help us if he gets his fathers adventurous personality!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am praying for little Philip and for you! Please don't think its anything you have done wrong. I am sure your mum is just shocked and worried about you both and will come round, although she isn't much help to you at the moment. Stay strong hun, that little man needs you!
  • PRayers
  • The genetic screening are notorious for false readings. I had one with my son. You're in my prayers... keep us posted!!
  • Sending prayers your way!
  • Prayers and good thoughts coming your way for Phillip and you!!!
  • @mandac10 Prayers & positive thoughts hun!
  • im sure ull love him either way and wont feel any different about him..
    they told my sister that my nephew would have problems, the only problems he has is he is a spoiled lil brat.. lol
  • edited July 2011
    My screening came back with a 1in67 chance that my baby girl had downs, I got an amnio done and learned she was 100% fine. 4 out of 5 positive screenings are false positive so don't stress im sure your little one is fine :) prayers for both of you!
  • I never even did the tests with my kids. My doc said half the time they are wrong. Worry the crap out of you for nothing. Your mom should stop being so selfish and be more supportive. He's one of Gods children no matter what. I'm sure he'll come out to be beautiful.
  • Thanks ladies! U all made me smile its nice having support from all of you!
  • Prayers for your sweet boy!
  • *prayers*
  • Sending prayers and hugs your way, hun!
  • He is a blessing from God either way! And if he is born with DS... the Lord blessed u with a special baby for a reason. I have a little girl with DS and she's changed my world completely! Good luck!
  • I agree with the other ladies...he'll be fine either way. Your mom may just be scared for the possible journey you could be on after seeing what your aunt went through. As a mom your first reaction is usually worry for how strangers will be, maybe that's what it is. If not, your other family seems like great support
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Prayers!! Try n
  • Oops try not to worry until they know.for sure!! Keep us posted!
  • Sending prayers your way.
  • Lots of prayers for you and your lil boy
  • got home awhile ago from my appointment and updated at top
  • DS or not, im sure your lil Phillip will be loved. I'm sad your mom acted silly. I think she may be scared knowing what can happen. But I'm sure she'll get over it & love your lil guy no matter what!