How much castor oil do I drink?

Im officially past due and im so ready to see my little boy so I want to try the castor oil thing but how much do I drink n with what?

Comments

• I think 2oz..but do a pregly search lots if ladies have done it and documented it
  • @mrs_shu How do I search it ? ;;)
  • At the bottom of the page(app) click search then type castor oil in the box. A bunch of posts/threads will come up that have that word in it..its not perfect so you'll have to sift thru some lol the only pregly whose name I remember that did it is YNVTish
  • Ok I believe I read hers before too! I'll let u know how it works or if I chicken out lol!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just finish dranking it so we shall see! It was no where near as bad as I thought it would be, I just tilted my head back with a lil oj n my mouth n poured the castor oil n like 4 different times n I didnt even taste it. I didnt drink the full 4oz but I drank a lil more then 2, but wish me luck!
  • It worked like LAXATIVE!! Only me :-W
  • Literally lol at worked like laxatives.
  • I took 1oz all it did for me was make my tummy hurt n I was up all night running to the bathroom it was not fun at all once all my bowls were clear I was fine again n it didn't do anything hope it works for u... heard its better if u take two but take it early in the morning n then it should hot u before bed instead of in the middle of the night like me I.took it at 5pm it hit me at 130am no fun at all
  • @mommakk88 I took it at 10pm lol 4oz so I been up thru out the night!
  • @ashleyfew and @mrs_shu I seen the bloody show this am
  • @ashleyfew and @mrs_shu I seen the bloody show this morning! Hopefully this shows getting on the road.
  • Updatesky!!
  • I heard 4 oz at one time
  • edited July 2011
    I did 2 tablespoons mixed with grape soda @ 9am went n labor by 12pm b4 lunch water broke and dilated 4cm Good luck
  • Sounds grossly promising lol any updates??
  • I did the castor oil thing....DIDNT PUT ME IN LABOR! i had the runs off and on for 6 hrs, it gave me really bad contractions and back pains but mix that with cramps from the oil being a laxative and let's just say it was a loooong day! lol. Me personally, i will NEVER do this again, it wasnt worth it to me and it didnt put me in labor. So the contractions was without progress lol!!! And come to think about it... out of all the posts i see on here about women taking that i havent seen any with women saying they went into labor.... just had bad contractions lol!
  • @ashleyfew I was @ 35+4 weeks along, 4cm dilated and 85% effaced! now im 36 weeks, still 4cm and still 85% effaced (was checked monday). My little man is just stubborn! lol. I had my 1st child at 37 weeks, so im not expected to go all the way until 40 weeks, my doc's dont even expect me to make it past this month and my DD isnt until the 17th of Aug!
  • @mrs_shu & @ashleyfew I didn't work! Idk if I has to do with me being closed I want dialated at all last time I was checked but il find out friday if I'll be induced or nott
  • Booo! Well there's always labor cake lol
  • It always worked for me. I did it with my 3 oldest. 4oz. Worked every time. The biggest mistake a lot of people make when taking it is not walking afterwards. You really need to walk immediately afterwards. Also if you are not dialated any it is less likely to work. But yep there is no getting around the cramps and the diarhea. Its all part of what stimulates your contractions.