Opinions on Names

2»

Comments

• @shaniam my sisters name is Shannon. I'm a Katie. I'm a little different in the fact that Katie is my legal name...not short for anything. So I'll get no what's ur full name or we need your legal name or is that short for Katherine.
    Also another point is that some of the popular names are family names. I'm naming my daughter Olivia after my great grandpa Oliver that just passed. And her middle name lilian after my great grandma. Which I'm noticing Olivia is getting a little popular but we're calling her Livy and Liv which isn't so much.
  • @mommy2now3 thanks for your opinion. My only hesitation is I live in Wisconsin and There is a lot of controversy with our governor whos last name is Walker. I don't know if you keep up on politics but governor Walker is really shaking things up here.
  • There were 4 aidens in my sons preschool class....and my sons name is zaiden lol. I agree with nevaeh... I been seeing lots of mikaylas
  • I see alot of names that shock me, i think its just cos us brits arent as adventurous! lol
  • @mom60511 go with walker that's cute
    the only names I hear alot here are hayley charlie william david kyleigh. Alexis
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My sons name is Maddox and I call him maddy for short sometimes.. it just happens.. doesn't bother him!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The only thing that winds me up is when people say for example they are going to name their child Katherine but we are going to call them Kate. Why not just name them Kate then!! I'm a nursery nurse and have loads of kids I look after with names that aren't really their names!
  • @littlenat86: I totally agree!
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mom60511: Yeah, that Walker guy is causing quite a ruckus.
  • I don't think this thread was started as a way just to be rude and then say no offense / my opinion
  • @mom60511: my comment was about your governor...not the name Walker. I'm just familiar with what's going on up there.
  • Oh no sorry I wasn't talking about that at all sorry I didn't make it clear. Oh my gosh I knew exactly what you were talking about.
  • @mom60511: ooooh I see now!
  • Some people are being cruel about names. You can say You don't like the name without going out of your way to be cruel about it.
  • I don't like Natalie
    Danielle
    Ashley
    Tiffany
    Michelle
    Haley
    Brittany
    Not because the name is ugly bit because I had 5of each in every grade of school lol
  • @jay_brad: that's what I'm saying! I'm not saying names are "ugly," but there are a few that I've had several of in my classes.
  • @mom60511 by the time your son is in school the governor will be a distant memory to adults :)

Sophie and Sophia is pretty darn popular-that was my grandmothers name who would be in her late 80s..
  • I'm worried about adults @mrs_shu people here are crazy right now.