natural birth ??

Comments

• I'm not sure I just know its one of my options at my birthing center... I know my midwife said some woman like to bounce on it during contractions
  • I wasn't doubting my ability to do it I was jst saying I hope nothing will happen to cause me to have to have a csection :(
  • i plan on having a natural birth. I have prepared myself by taking Bradley Classes and learning as much as I can.
    I am also planning on laboring as long as possible at home. I'll probably wait until after transition or I start showing signs of pushing or know I am pushing then I will go into the hospital.
    I have also hired a Doula to help as well.
    As long as things are going smoothly I'll be good lol, but I know things can change in an instant and my plans will go out the window. But, if all goes well I wont need any medication what so ever. :)
    My mom did it seven times, even with one of them getting stuck, so I know I can do it too.
  • @jay_brad ohh I agree I hope we all have complication free deliveries

@LittleFae I'm also going to try to labor at home for the most part and I heard the bradley method was very good and informative ill prolly check into it for my next pregnancy
  • @bbylucasMomma - I love the class! It's a 13 week long course, one day a week for two hours. (At least for me lol I'm sure it's set up differently in other areas). You can even read the book now which is very informative. Out of all the classes my mom took (she took them for all seven of us) Bradley was her favorite.
  • wow I didn't know they had a booki thought it was just classes ill have to get it :)
  • @bbylucasMomma - no problem! You can buy them used or new, or even check to see if your library has any. I got a couple of them from my local library.
  • @bbylucasMomma I'm doing whatever I feel is comfortable. I've been told to go in all different kind of positions and when you are in pain and comfortable how you are laying..that's where i'll stay! lol

I did try the birthing ball, and only lasted 1 minute on it cause my contractions were so bad and shower didn't last 1 minute either because I just wanted to lay down and get the baby out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol @sweetz4 well ill prolly be the same way finding my position but do whatever works right :)
  • Me too!!:D
  • I did it 8 weeks ago at home!! It was amazing and painful but so worth it :) you won't regret it afterwards.. I didn't tear, walked minutes after he was out, had sex and was working out 4wks postpartum. Yea natural birth!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate that's true lol I can't wait either ths little boy is getting to big and he wants more rooom
  • I had planned to at least try all natural. I had problems with my blood pressure. Was told an epidural would help with the BP but I still didn't want it. After 32 hours of contractions I decided to have it so they got it all set up and I waited for the doctor to come and put it in. Before she got there i got the urge to push and was begging for stronger pain relief (i was using gas and air which by that point was doing nothing) my waters broke !nd they told me if I pushed correctly my baby would be out in about 6 pushes. I did exactly what I was told and he was out in 2. And then the doctor turned up to give me the epidural lol. Your birth may not necessary go to plan so you may have to be willing to adapt. I'm so glad I managed it naturally but I was so so ready to blow my plans completely.
  • @BabyGeesmama2B congratulations :D and way to go

@mariahaucoin77 lol I can't wait for those faces ill be like ..yea I know..I'm tough :)

@bambi_bump wow that's crazy lol it was sorta like a tease
  • I am going all natural as well!! We're also using the bradley method and so far I love the classes!! I really wanted a water birth at a birthing center but my insurance wouldn't cover it and by the time I decided I was too far along so maybe next time. Were planning on laboring at home as long as possible I really don't wanna be at the hospital long b/c I feel like they'll pressure me with drugs and I hate the military hospital I gotta go too! But Im really looking forward to sept when well be having our girl.
  • Oh and I always get negative reactions when I tell people, I hate it. I'm so glad that my hubby is so supportive.
  • @Diverwfe that's great when are you due I'm due sept 12th :) with a boy
    and I agree if bf wasn't supportive I would be upset my whole pregnancy but he's usually up for whatever I want lol I think that's how we got pregnant
  • The only time I laid down was when it was time to push. I walked the whole time. She was posterior so I tore really bad.
  • With this labor they started me on a pitocin drip so I had to stay in the bed most of the time. They gave me an ambien so I slept through most of the labor. When it came time to push I wanted to squat but my legs were too shakey so I lay on the bed with my knees almost to my ears lol...no tearing for me. I do perneal massage with olive oil for about the last 4-6 weeks of my pregnancies. This has helped tremendously for my last 2 labors.
  • @bbylucasMomma im due sept 26th with a girl! Were naming her Shyla Novalee
  • @blissmarie23 that's great for no tearing and by your ears?? Lol must have been a sight

@Diverwfe that's a cute name n_n
    Our babys name is lucas jacob
    lucas for his daddy and jacob for his grandpa (my daddy) :)
    Its my dads first grandbaby so I know it meant a lot to give our baby his name