Should i go ahead and go or wait a little bit...?

edited July 2011 in Labor
So I'm 38 weeks, dilated 2cm, 70% thinned.. as of yesterday.. drank castor oil last night just for fun with the hubby.. we didn't think it'd do anything.. but I was up with contractions all night. They aren't close together.. maybe like 4 intense ones per hour.. but the crampy tight stomache feeling hasn't gonna away since the contractions started. This morning I lost my mucus plug (gross) & ever since I keep leaking gooey stuff.. so I took a shower & got everything ready by the door, just in case.. so what do you all think?

Comments

• Maybe ask you dr? It doesn't sound like the contractions are regular enough to go in. You could walk and see if they get more regular.
  • @laura536, I think that's what ill do.. I'm too uncomfy to not worry so ill just help labor start I guess!
  • Good plan! Every dr is different, but last time, my dr said not to come in until contractions were 5 mins apart, lasting 1 min, for an hr. But I never had any contractions and ended up getting induced, so I didn't have to play the am I in labor guessing game, lol! Good luck!
  • @laura536, lucky you! Thanks girl.. I'm still leaking this gooey junk & its getting really annoying. I feel gross but just took a shower.. ugh!
  • how much castor oil did you drink? and how are you feeling now? any changes?
  • You might have to poop.. :/
  • @lucy_loo_288 - well that would be an improvement for me! lol
  • @adensmommy0308, sorry it took me so long to respond, my phone wouldn't let me on pregly for some reason.. & I drank 2 oz. mixed with juice.. I'm still crampy & feeling lots of pressure, but my contractions still aren't consistent..
  • @lucy_loo_288, I pooped tons through the night last night, because of the castor oil.. I'm all pooped out haha!
  • i'd say wait and see if ur really in labor...just because i wouldn't want u to go n get sent home.
  • @myHEARTZx3, I think you're right.. although, I feel like I'm dilated more.. I have that feeling I am anyways, I couldn't tell on my own lol but I think ill just relax & go for a walk later & see if my contractions get closer together!
  • Hummm.... I only took two tablespoons hubby was freaked out by the idea of me taking more then that. And I got nothing! Not even the feeling to go poo. :'(
  • I hope its time *labor dust* :)