C-section question, please help!!!

edited July 2011 in Giving birth
So I have a c-section scheduled for Mon Aug 1 @ 5:30 pm. Weol my husband just got word he starts his new job that same day...he is going to get off work at 4pm. Do they usually start the operation right on time? They tld me to arrive at 3:30pm so they can prep me, but I really don't want him to miss our sons birth. Its our first baby =/

Comments

• They can't postpone his start date by one day?
  • Ugg that's a sticky situation ... and im not sure but I think that they get you back there pretty fast with c sections.. them being scheduled and all :( I wish u luck!! %%-
  • @blueberrysmom he has been out of work for a year, he finally landed a job that pays very well, I don't want him to do anything to jepordize (spl?) it lol. Well hopefully I go into labor on my own before then, wish me luck!!

@jay_brad thank you!!
  • Maybe he can just ask to leave early that day. I can't imagine they wouldn't understand!
  • I had a sceduled surgery and it still took time to do (not aa c section tho) they usually will take your vitals, then they hook you up to an iv start that then the pain doctor guy has to come in and do his magic and make sure it is working and then it will prolly go fast. So I'm not thing the c section will start right away but I'm pretty sure you'll be ready by six tops.
  • Mine was delayed because of an emergency c-section that took priority over mine but I think they are pretty punctual otherwise.
  • If he's there by 4:30 u guys should be good to go! Prep time takes a while!! Tell ur doc ur hubbys on the way! Hopefully he can be there by 4:30!!;-)
  • mine was right on time..