C Section!

edited July 2011 in Giving birth
So I am scheduled for my c section on tuesday the 26th.
I am nervous, do they hurt?
DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?1?1

Comments

• No you don't feel anything! Maybe a little bit of pressure or a tugging sensation but no pain. Afterwards you may get itchy from the morphine and feel a tad loopy. you also will probably get ridiculously swollen from all the fluids they pump into you, make sure to pack loose fitting shoes like flip flops! Get up and walk as soon as they'll let you, exercise helps you heal faster. Also stay on top of your pain meds take them before you start hurting too badly! If your nurse tells you a certain med can only be taken every 4hours then be sure to take it every 4 hours. All in all a c-section is really not that bad :) just take it easy at first and you will be fine!
  • okay, thank you that helps the nerves. lol
  • I thought gettin the spinal block was the worst part, but during my csections I didnt feel much, felt some tugging& alot of pressure but no pain. I was so numb I touched my leg& thought it was a pillow.
  • do you feel the spinal block? i heard they numb you first
  • I had a spinal block and didnt feel a thing. I didnt even feel them numb me.
  • good, im not nervous anymore just really anxious.. lol
    how long do you have to have the stupid catheter in?? eww..
  • Untill you pee...lol Mine stayed in till the next day becouse she didn't like the "color" had to wait till it was golden. :) sorry tmi!! And she's right, get that booty up and walking I didn't and I regreted it. My legs from the knees down were as big as tree stumps. NO LIE! it was awful. And drink lots and lots of water it will help. Congrats girlie keep us updated. :)
  • dont worry it doesnt hurt,you wont feel anything except the pressure when they are getting the baby out...they took my catheter out the next day once the meds wore off and i could walk to the restroom... my doctor gave me the choice to wait until i was numb to get my catheter with both of my c sections... but good luck dont worry you will be okay.
  • Lord. I just tried to watch a c-section video on youtube. I made it about 52 seconds and couldn't take it anymore. Fyi... Don't watch those videos. [-(
  • yea i watched 2 videos last night.. i just dont like the thought of having a catheter in, i would rather walk to the bathroom in pain, ill have to get used to walking anyways,. ill keep u updated though!!