Calling to set my induction tomorrow..

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
So many emotions fill me with this, I can't wait to see my little man for the first time. Is it wrong to schedule it though? Some people seem to think so, I was due July 21st, and was only a finger tip dilated on July 20th and 50% effaced. Some people keep saying he will come when he's ready, but the doctors predicted he would be 7.5-8lbs when I made it to the 40 week mark. I don't want the epidural though, which is something I decided way early on, but is it wrong to schedule the induction? I'm just afraid of hurting him..

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew thank you. They already have it for wed. They would possibly induce me if the monitors didn't have good results. But thanks for the positive, I guess I'm nervous...this is my first. I'm only afraid of stressing the baby out. But thanks again :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew thank you for your tips. Im just worrying. Good luck with your baby. When are you due
  • edited July 2011
    I say schedule ur induction n tell everyone else to stfu!
    My mom tries to tell me if my son doesn't come that I just need to wait n know when his "real bday" is... uh NOT GONNA HAPPEN! ITS HOT N IM RDY TO MEET MY LIL MAN.
    its great that some people think that inducing isn't "right" but the problem is it's their opinion not yours just like its your baby not theirs!
    <):) us mommies make the rules around here ;)
  • Love @jay_brad 's comment. I 100% agree I was due the 22nd and my mom especially was like shell come out when's she's ready! I want to kill her! Every hour is another 9months. And every braxton hicks is the worst tease ever!! If I get the option to induce at my drs apt tomorrow I'm going to take it!
  • @metalmommy im 32w 4d n im over him being In my belly stretching everything out of wack!! I want my body n my baby n my clothes!! Its my baby N I want him now ;;) not literally but soon!! Haha
  • @jay_brad & metalmommy thank you :) that made me laugh. Luckily my mom is for me being induced, her due date for me was Sept.21 she had me Oct.19 and that was after being induced so she understands. The no epidural thing she doesn't. But every one keeps saying oh they will come when he's ready, but don't understand why I have Less energy, only fit2 of my shirts, have given up on make up due to hot flashes and eat all the time lol. And @metalmommy I completely know how you feel with the braxton hicks being a tease, Friday I had them all morning until 1 with back pain and everything. It stopped completely and that was it :(
  • They're a killer!! Your so lucky your mom agrees with you I wish I had someone to support what I want. I met a woman yesterday who had a schedualed c section by choice, a week early, for her first! And my drs won't even let me induce. I feel like being preg takes away all my choices!!
  • @well at least you don't have to deal with Braxton ... Not Hicks. My son Braxton he kicks the worst spots almost non stop :l
  • @metalmommy I think that is messed up . I called my Dr this morning to see if I could just schedule to be induced tomorrow instead of the apt they said I have to talk to a Dr still so I have to wait, they are hooking me up to monitors to debate if I should be induced I'm just going to ask them to do it.
  • @jay_brad my little man keeps kicking and pushing out. If felt like he was going to fall out yesterday he was pushing down so hard
  • Are they giving you a nonstress test and another us to check fluid levels?
    I had this after a week of being overdue they came back fine but I proceeded with an induction. After 8days he was still stubborn, and I had to push for 4hrs! I am now wondering if delivery would have been easier if I waited up to 42weeks.
  • I know you're anxious to meet your baby, but I always say it is best to wait unless your doctor notices something that could harm your baby if he stays in longer. I'm going to have a disagree with a PP. It DOES matter when your baby comes. Would you want to induce if your baby wasn't finished developing? Inductions can cause problems.
    Have you tried walking or other natural induction methods?
  • @jaime77 that's what I think they are planning to do tomorrow.

@loveourlittleone he's fully developed and they had estimated him at 8lbs by the 40 week mark. I have tried walking, sex and spicy food. I was only a finger tip dilated and 50% effaced last week, cervics were already soft at 36 weeks.