My 34 weeker, Iris.

edited July 2011 in Just for Fun
It has been two weeks since I was first admitted into the hospital for preterm labor. Was on strick bed rest the whole time. I was away.from my first child for 2 weeks and did nothing but sit at 6cm dilated 75% defaced with Iris.

YESTERDAY, they allowed her to come since I was so dilated and uncomfortable annnnd at 34 weeks, they have stronger lungs and stuff.

At 12:08pm, IRIS ARYANNA SIMMONS came to say hello. She had nothing wrong with her as far as I know. She is 5lbs and 15oz and 19in. The nurses are so surprised because she's so big for. 34weeker.

FINALLY, she is here to destroy and reap havoc with her devious older sister Lily.

I've truly been blessed by two wonderfully beautiful girls. All the bad luck I received lately must have been because all my luck was looking after my girls.

I'm so happy. Exhausted but happy.

Comments

• Congratulations on your little one! \:D/
  • Congratulations!!!!
  • CONGRATS.. im glad everything worked out great... enjoy motherhood
  • Congratulations! So glad everything turned out okay and you have a healthy baby girl!
  • Congratulations glad she is doing well (*)
  • Congrats :-)
  • Congratulations (*)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congratulations momma! Im 34w today and thought i was going in labor last night! But i think we r ok now.
  • Thank you everyone!

They are keeping her in NICU until she's suckling better. She has been having problems suckling apparently. I think its because she had breast milk first and I had to stop because of the antibiotic I had to take for a reason unbeknownst to me... it's done now so little Iris can have breast milk again by Monday. I bet anything she's gonna eat better. That formula is nasty.

They are making me mad though because they're forcing her to take 45cc of formula via feeding tube and she very obviously can't handle that much. She gets super uncomfortable and starts screaming and puking. I'm about to pull AMA on that hospital because A. They are a shitty hospital, even for adults and B. They're telling me I can't hold or as they put it "play" with my baby. They starve her when she's cranky for food if its not "eat time" and they force feed her so much she screams and Pike's everywhere. And I'm talkind straight up Pike's everywhere, not the normal spit up. >:[
  • I'd complain to the director that the nicu nurses are doing that.... but do a bit of research, if you can, before you talk to them. Maybe there's a reason for doing it that way, but I highly doubt it. Smaller, more frequent meals for baby is good, I would presume.
  • Glad you and her are doing good considering.:))
  • My first baby's grandmother works on the ob floor and she was nosey and she told me there isn't anything wrong with her its the doctor who has ordered her to be fed that much. She's not full term and her stomach isn't big enough to handle it. She's the one who explained ama to me.
  • And yes, frequent feedings are better for a baby. If you think about it, multiple small meals a day for an adult is healthier than 3 meals a day. Its probably the same for babies.

And we don't put baby on a schedule like that. We are supposed to work around them. Especially newborns. We feed them when they are hungry and not every 4 hours.