What is your aversion?

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
My dog just had puppies 2 weeks ago and I cannot stand to look at them, I feel so bad but they smell and I can't walk into the living room without gagging, its not just a smell aversion though, if I think about them I start getting sick. They are cute and I hope it doesn't last too much longer... Does anyone else have something weird they can't stand?

Comments

• Onions and the smell of cooked broccoli
  • Eww, broccoli does smell gross lol
  • Lol. I love it as long as I don't smell it
  • I love the Arizona cranberry iced tea. But I tried one for the first time while pregnant and it tasted like urine. Straight up urine.
  • O jeez, a lot of restaurants sell fish, i'm seriously thinking about getting earplugs and putting them in my nose, my whole house smells
  • Coffee. I love coffee but since I've been pregnant the smell makes me sick.
  • My own perfumes...they all smell i can't stand them they make me sick...bleh
  • I had vicky secret lipgloss n my fav was the hot cocunut one and as soon as I bought it since I been preggo, I wnna throw up n so I stopped using it...nd the other flavors too so now I use blistex
  • Yeah, perfumes get to me too, will this last the whole pregnancy?
  • Peoples breath I can smell its pretty bad, plus cigarette smoke. I think cause I use to be a smoker is why I can't stand it, makes me literally want to throw up8-X
  • Mine is megaaa weird.. you know the smell of dishes when you get them out of the dishwasher or finish cleaning them? Yeah, I can't even open our dishwasher. How weird is that?
  • Just imagining the smell of ramen noodles makes me gaggy. The smell itself...oh god.
  • That's hilarious, @mommy3! My fiance passed a fried mac and cheese ball in front of me and I had to leave the room.

I can't stand the smell of my dog's poop. Made me throw up last time I cleaned it up. I also threw up cleaning dog vomit. But those were gross to begin with. Just never vomit-inducing.

I can't handle the smell of plain cheerios. Sent me running to the bathroom. But I love honey nut cheerios.
  • Eggs. Ughh The smell of those makes me gag.
    During the first trimester, even warm air would make me gag.
    Or if someone was chewing fruity gum. Bluckk
  • EWWW & THE WORST ONE... My moms bf left something in a closed container in the fridge. & it stayed there for lord knows how long. & they cleaned out the frige, and left it on the counter, still sealed, so it wasn't emitting the atrocious odor yet. I was trying to be nice and clean the kitchen. So I opened the container and I literally ran to the bathroom and threw up for twenty minutes. The whole house smelt after that. Just thinking about it makes me wanna gag. Ughh!
  • @jwigs normally cherrios make me sick!!

Mine is seafood! The smell of it! GROSSS
  • @jwigs, yeah its pretty ridiculous.. I have to get hubby to unload the clean dishes & I reload the dirty ones.. & before I drink out of a cup I have to rinse it out so I don't spell it lol its insane!
  • O my, I thought mine was bad, how far along are ya'll?
  • Kimberly4411- I'm 31 weeks. How about you?
  • @Kimberly4411, I'll be 18 weeks next Tuesday!
  • I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow, o jeez, my aversions are never gonna go away :/ lol
  • 12 weeks today! Finally in the second trimester.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yay @jwigs ! Thats exciting!
  • Dish liquid, perfume, chicken, & beef. Will make me vomit. I'm 30 weeks
  • The smell of anything frying, the sight of cat/dog poop, and the smell of white rice cooking. Weird... I know.
  • Fried food and freshly cut grass...*barf*