Anyone craving soda???

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I never liked soda. I would only drink water and coffee, but ever since I've been pregnant I crave soda like crazy. It seems to be getting worse lately :( I'm just blaming it on my husband being a soda feign! Im trying to limit myself to one can of diet a day, but this baby wants a 2 liter lol!

Comments

• lol I am a soda lover I have tried the same thing (minus diet just cant do it ) but sometimes its more like 2 or 3 I try to drink enough water to balance it out but who knows (my favorite is Dr Pepper I think I might be addicted & my bf works for coca cola)
  • I'm the opposite. I normally LOVE soda (Coke, to be exact) but now that I'm pregnant, I have no taste for it at all. Same thing happened during my first pregnancy.
  • I am addicted to cherry coke since i got pregnant never even drank it before. But i try to only drink a lil bit but its just soooo good
  • Mmmmm I've been on pepsi! I'm craving it!<3
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I crave n drink soda hardly drank the stuff b4 but now I seem not to get enough
  • Im craving rootbeer bad!! Its hard to onlu dri nk one a day!
  • edited February 2011
    I crave coke since pregnant but limit myself to 1 can a day if I drink 2 I feel guilty all day
  • I crave it but after I drink it I feel sick....actually most things I drink leave ne with nasty after taste
  • Im craving it but i gave up caffine cold turkey when i found out i was prego due to birth defects and other misc problems with caffine and pregnancy.
  • I LOVE the smell of beer of course I don't drink it but every since I've been prego it smells awesome
  • Im jealous I can't drink soda cuz everytime I try to drink soda I threw up. Sucks!! Guess ill have to wait till the end of my pregnancy. :(
  • @Simplyraven22406 how does soda cause autism?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well they say caffine causes birth deffects so that could be it but who know i drink soda every now and then but i just drink sprite or sierra mist.
  • I crave MT dew
  • Your body is going to have cravings, so provided youre not experiencing pica and youre getting a range of other types of nutrients, I wouldnt worry about it. My doctor suggested to me that if I do feel the need to drink soda to go with non-caffinated, and to avoid sugar substitutes. The best option seems to be a noncaffinated throwback soda, but those are hard to find these days...I tend to stick to regular rootbeer.
  • Yay! I'm not alone.... now I can start a soda-a-holics anonymous group.:D BTW my docs said that caffeine has not officially been linked to any birth defects. The primary concern was an increased chance of low birth weight :( too many theories out there to keep track of! I'm just sticking with the idea that its ok in mediation. However, chocolate and pizza are always safe! Lol :)
  • When I was pregnant with my daughter I craved white birch beer all the time. This pregnancy its lemonade.
  • ***moderation not mediation lol
  • I limit myself to one a day..if its got caffeine. I drink a lot of water and sprite (helps w nausea) n no diet..doc said diet is bad for baby..
  • Fountain soda lol. Coke or Pepsi, but try to keep it low intake
  • Lol just fyi chocolate is caffeinated :) definitely DELICIOUS though :)
  • I'm a soda addict anyway. Earlier in my pregnancy, I had issues weaning myself off of it, but every once in a while, I'll want a cup of Coke. I fill it with ice and wait a while before I drink it to dilute it a bit though.
  • @keeshkeesh07 no....say it isn't so! You can keep the soda but you'll have to pry the chocolate from my cold, dead, hand!!! ;)
  • Lol its true and I'm sorry, but I'm pretty. Sure its no where near the amount that's in soda or coffee so I think your ok to continue eating it, as long as its not pounds a day haha :) but mmm mmm I love chocolate too!
  • So I wrote this on another wall....I'm pregnant with my second child...my first will be one this weekend..(YAH!!) lol..anyways I loved Coca-Cola with a Passion..I tried everything to cut it out wih him and just couldn't....I would say I drank on avg 2 cans a day (if I'm being honest with myself, some days it was more..some it was less) but when my son was born he cried all day everyday for i swear at least the first three months he was alive...now I have no proof of this but sometimes you get mommys intuition and you just know..but I swear to this day it was from the caffeine...I took him to every doctors and there was nothing wrong with him..it sounds crazy but I'm convinced it was caffeine withdrawal....and I know you guys are thinking "oh all babies cry" but im telling you watching this poor baby cry all day and NEVER (and again no exxagerating) sleep...he slept a combined maybe 6-7 the through the whole day...it was the most exhausting thing I have ever been through and def not something I could have ever prepared for...so not to freak you out its just something to consider..watching your baby you love so much cry and cry and cry and not being able to do anything to fix it was heart wrenching..so I vowed NO CAFFEINE THIS TIME LOL..qnd trust me its not easy, all I want is a two liter lol..I learned my lesson and just thought I'd pass on my experience...again I'm no doctor but sometimes a mommy knows best :)
  • @mamikailee I chug cherry coke....I know its bad for me but I have to or I feel sick haha I work at subway and it stares me down all dayyy I try to drink some water but when I am craving that cherry coke there is nothing to replace it...lol gotta have it
  • My doc told me that cafeine in moderation is actually good for the baby, bc most ppl can't function without it, rumor is if u completely cut caffeine its bad for the baby
  • Thank you for that, it definitely is true, since everyone is different I can definitley agree that sometime we just KNOW things :) goodluck with everything this time around :)