TYLENOL

edited February 2011 in First Trimester
CAN I TAKE TYLENOL THAT CONTAINS ACETAMINOPHEN?/?? IM A BIT CONFUSED/? :-?

Comments

• Tylenol is acetaminophen, and yes :)
  • Yes you can. Doctor said that's all I could take (and Sudafed), but I heard on the news this morning that there was a huge Tylenol recall.
  • Sorry I didn't mean to sound rude, I hope it didn't come off that way, I'm a Pharm D. Major and I know a lot about medications so I just answered it quickly. :)
  • And as far as the recall, I believe its brand name tylenol, not generics, so you can use acetaminophen I believe without the worries :) the recall has been on and off for over a year now, its nuts!
  • Ok thankyou girls;-)
  • Tylenol pm cam also be taken too if you have issues sleeping up until the third trimester. Benadryl as well
  • Tylenol pm is just tylenol with benadryl (diphenhydramine is the chemical name for benadryl), it would be much cheaper to just take benadryl if your having problems sleeping and not having any pain ;-)
  • but i dont thing benadryl is all that safe... i would talk to your doctor, of course its up to them to say whats best for you or not :/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I also work in a pharmacy and am a Pharm. D. major. I am not saying it is 100% unsafe, i just said to talk to her doctor before she took it. Antihistamines have been show to cause fetal mortality in lab rats. Better to be safe then sorry :) Just wanted to put that out there, not trying to scare anyone.
  • what if i take one tylenol but the extra strength?? Is it the same?? Its just that i have a huge headache... :(
  • do you know whats in it? Is it just acetaminophen? Or does it have other active ingredients? Im pretty sure its just acetaminophen is that correct? ( Look at the back of the bottle and see what it says under active ingredients)
  • YEA IT ONLY HAS ACETAMINOPHEN... HOW MANY CAN I TAKE DO YOU KNOW... :?
  • I was told by my doc that I can take 2 oils of tylenol extra strength every 6-8 hours as needed.
  • OK meant pills, hate the touch phone! Sorry
  • My doctor gave me the OK to take Benadryl as a sleep aid, but I do know of some that say not to. Sounds like a matter of opinion around the medical world. I've been taking one a night, which is what I always used to do pre-pregnancy. Of course, sleeping without it is even worse since I've been pregnant. The doctor said it's important to get as much sleep as possible in the first trimester. Without Benadryl I get about 2 hours...
  • edited February 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was given extra strength tylenol in the hospital for fevers / headaches in my first trimester. Also later I was told by doctor that sudafed and Robotussin, regular strength were ok as well. But not all doctors are the same!
  • Benedryl is on the safe meds lists that my ob/gun gave me. So is Tylenol.
  • Also if you have a cold you can take Theraflu cold and cough.
  • @mama_kat are you referring to otc medications?? Because there are LOTS AND LOTS of rx medications that should not even be TOUCHED during pregnancy :/
  • And yes all docs are different so its all on how ssafe your doctors really think they are :)
  • @mama_kat srry I was talking about category x there I failed to notice the little a up there srry
  • just don't take cocaine! ;)
  • How do u know what the categories are? Confused* lol